IGNORED

Houston Texas Classic Datsun get together

Zedyone_kenobi

IF you do not give me a call I will be hurt buddy. What brings you down? work, time for a change, you just like hurricanes?
You know it :) your about the only one I know LOL . Yeah, the oil biz, a cousin's trying to get me on driving 18 wheelers for Chevron making 16 to 18 bucks a hour with unlimited overtime ! Looking forward to rake'n in the loot, bootlegging that "Red Neck Heaven" past Texakanna LOL . Likely be driven a 2nd down or buying a new one immeadiately I get there, searching Craigslist Houston and all Texas. Cheaper than finishing Ruby for the trip. What hurricanes ? LOL Edited by WingZr0

Just a note, can everybody put where in Houston? I know Frank is in the Woodlands..

So lets see

wbsupernatural: Heights Area

Frank in the Woodlands: um.. Woodlands Area

Zedyone_kenobi: Very close to Kemah

WingZr0: undetermined

srbigbutt: Undetermined

Jack T: Tomball Area

Count me in!

I'm in Memorial and should have my interior all together in the next couple of weeks, sooner if at all possible.

Hello everyone,

I think that would be great!

I know that there is a way to create a regional grouping of members on this site, I just do not know how to go about it. At the same time I do not want to exclude the many contacts from all over (e.g. Europe, Australia, ...).

If you know about St. Arnolds Brewery, that would be a fun place to gather.

This spring, I will be putting together a Z Car Clinic at my brothers business (Humble AAMCO in Humble, Tx). I will be getting an invite out to my Houston Z Car Club Bro's and Classic ZCC. It will be a day we can use the lifts, work on our Z's, trade stuff, fire up the BBQ and get to know each other. Hopefully I will have my Z back from paint, and at least reassembled enough to make her road worthy.

FANTASTIC response guys! Okay, update:

wbsupernatural: Heights Area

Frank in the Woodlands: um.. Woodlands Area

Zedyone_kenobi: Very close to Kemah

WingZr0: undetermined

srbigbutt: Spring

Jack T: Tomball Area

Zcurves: Spring

Mlaw7: Memorial

old hemi: 249 and Louetta

This is awesome! Can you guys PM your phone numbers? I will put call list together and send it back out with names, phone numbers, location, etc.

Looking forward to meeting ALL of you! I would love to show off my new Carbs! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, its the end of holidays, and I think its time we all planned for a casual meet and greet. I am going to try to settle on a place in the next couple of days that is car friendly, good food at a reasonable price, where we can sit and talk and blab on and on about our Z obsession.

Again, if you have an idea, keep them coming. Some good ones have already been listed.

Okay, upon review, I really like the UPTOWN PARK area recommended by wbsupernatural.

I like this for several reasons:

1) It is located centrally and is not to far for those of us to the north, south and west.

2) It is right off the 610, which is easy to find and get in and out

3) Coffee and Cars is held there the first Saturday of every month, so it is a known car friendly place with food and drink near by. Our meet can coincide with Coffee and Cars or it can be another day.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1151+Uptown+Park+Houston,+TX+77056&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=1151+Uptown+Park+Blvd,+Houston,+TX+77056&gl=us&ei=z1VDS72sIoemnQf5l9DyCA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAkQ8gEwAA

I hope this link works. We just need to agree on a time to meet.

Uptown Park works for me.

Floorboard rust areas are all fixed and POR-15 applied to the floorboards and transmission tunnel. Removing the tar paper on the floors and transmission tunnel was the most fun I've had in years! :D

With all the interior trim and carpet out, I've been applying Quietcar soundproofing (by brush) to virtually every interior piece of sheet metal, including floors, transmission tunnel, firewall, under the windshield around the defroster vents, rocker panels, doors, around the quarter windows, behind the speakers (as far I can reach), hatch riser, under the rear deck, spare tire well, behind the antenna, rear panel around the taillights and inside the hatch (behind the vinyl finisher).

Three coats so far and I'm planning on two more this week before replacing the rubber plugs, heater control vacuum valve/hoses, replacing the deteroriated foam insulation in the A/C and blower housings, re-installing the dash (all gauges cleaned and fitted with brighter bulbs), installing the new carpet kit from Chester & Herod and re-installing the seat belts, interior trim and console.

Bolt in the seats and she should be good to go. So, barring any unforeseen events, anytime after next weekend should be good for me.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! Can't wait to see your cars too!!

Howdy Y'all,

You would have me crying except my tears would freeze up here in CT.

I miss TX every winter and like Frank, we would gladly drive the 200

miles from Belton to be with a bunch of Z guys if we still were there.

Could y'all count us in somehow as honorary attendees? Z activity

(CTZCC) goes into hibernation from late Oct to late Apr or longer.

All Z Best,...........................Kathy & Rick