Pistons - can't find 'em! - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Pistons - can't find 'em!

Featured Replies

I'm trying to find 2 standard size pistons for my 240-Z motor. Nissan says there are none in the USA. Motorsport does not have them, Kragen can't get them, my local auto parts storen can't get them.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Standard size shows up on Ebay in sets only. Why only 2 pistons ?

Summit Racing has aftermarket Z pistons in standard and .040 over.

It seems they don't list 240z but the 510 had the same size so.....

Call 'em......they had them six months ago.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I'll try Summit.

I only need two because just two got chewed up on the edges. The other 4 are fine

Unless you are able to locate two standard sized from Nissan wouldn't you have the problem of unbalancing your rotating assembly as well as other mismatch issues, if you were to use only two aftermarket pistons? I think I would be tempted to find a couple of good condition used pistons instead or go with a whole set of aftermarket.

Edited by geezer

Any machine shop should be able to get pistons for you, no problem at all. I agree with Ron. Run 6 Nissan pistons or 6 of the same aftermarket pistons. They won't be balanced right out of the box, but they'll be a lot closer than mismatched sets.

I agree with the two gents, who posted above, i do think i still have the pistons from my engine, from before i got it bored, one or two will not work, due to they were burnt, they have valve relief's and im not sure if they are aftermarked or not, you just have to pay for postage and they are your's, but again get a full matching set.

Chris

  • Author

Great input guys! I had totally forgotten about balance!. I have not replaced pistons in a looong time. I'll buy a complete set. The only set I've found is eBay. I did find the ITM website and they list a set, but Isent an email and so far, no response.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.