IGNORED

Totally polished carbs, intake, balance tube, and chrome heat shield

Finally finished my "show carbs", I think I'll throw them up on "pay it forward"? :D

Seriously, they look so nice, I'm thinking about putting studs in the wall of my office and hanging the up like art.

I don't recommend that anyone else do this... It took forever.

post-18081-14150809209024_thumb.jpg

How did you go about doing it? By hand or with a buffer and dremel?

Actually all of the above. but I started with sand paper of higher and higher grits... Up to about 1200... It's not a pleasant process.

I agree with the above that I should have used a euro-balance tube. Maybe I will sell this one on ebay and get one of those (I'm not going to start shaving/repolishing this one). Fortunately, that's the easiest item to polish.

Here is a slightly different angle. They really are so nice to look at that I'm seriously considering just bolting them to the wall of my office and naming them "Art".

post-18081-14150809212854_thumb.jpg

That setup looks amazing....My intake wasn't polished and now that I see yours, I wish it was....

have a look at mine and then you will see how awesome it will look under your hood. I had the cad plated fuel rail and polished valve cover as well for the bling factor.

beautiful job....

Chris

post-15533-14150809214495_thumb.jpg

Very well done....mine was no where near that clean. I was going to try my intake this winter and wanted to know....how long did it take to get it smooth with the different grits of sandpaper? I've done wheels and I know it's a PITA so I'm thinking it's probably more tedious than labor intensive?

Also...were you wet-sanding?

thanks for the insight and congratulations again...

Chris