IGNORED

Race win in car camera footage, Blackhawk Farms

preith

Thought I'd liven up the forum a bit. Kinda crappy footage though, I need to tint the windshield portion of the camera lens as it's overexposed. You may still find it entertaining.

vid description: Midwestern Council, Blackhawk Farms, Aug 16, 2009, Vintage/Historic group. Some footage of the last laps while leading and the eventual win. I make a BIG mistake a lap into the video but manage to collect it and keep the lead. In my rear view mirror - ex SCCA Nationals driver James Duncan keeping the pressure on in a similarly prepared 240Z. The tires were really getting greasy towards the end making for some interesting moments. Please excuse the poor quality, it was my first time out with this recorder setup, some "tweaking" still required...
Edited by preith

Well done Phillip! Looks like you had a good time and were able to record a "W" as well. Traffic didn't help you much and I thought the SRF was going to park in front of you :)

You need to come enjoy some southern hospitality some time at Barber or RA.

BTW, check out how much movement in your shift lever. Do you have a stay rod on the engine?

Paul

Edited by rxsleeper

Thanks for the kind words guys. Next season I'll have some which are a little more watchable.

Traffic didn't help you much and I thought the SRF was going to park in front of you :)

You need to come enjoy some southern hospitality some time at Barber or RA.

BTW, check out how much movement in your shift lever. Do you have a stay rod on the engine?

Yeah, traffic and lack of blue flags was discouraging to say the least, worse than usual.

The "SRF" is actually a Mallock - similar to a Lotus 7 with fewer production numbers. All in all a pretty cool car, I wouldn't mind owning one.

Around here RA is Road America;) Kidding aside, I'd love to enjoy some southern hospitality. Road Atlanta is definitely on the "to do list". Unfortunately I don't see it happening next year but perhaps in '11... Sad, I'm already planning 2 years out :(

Make sure you set aside some time in your schedule next year for a trip to High Plains Raceway in Colorado.

Thanks but unfortunately any tracks nationwide will be confined to SVRA/HSR sanctioned events, assuming all goes well with them next year.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Were you guys watching the rearview mirror?

I find that's the most entertaining part. You can also see how often I'm looking back.. too often. Usually a cool customer behind the wheel but he had me a little nervous. My last time against him was in '05 when first starting and was much slower. I've discussed the car in the past, they (him & brother) have owned it since '79:

BHawck9-05.jpg

Re over exposure, camera focusing on the windscreen wiper blade or those vertical bars? Good footage anyway, assume you were not on slicks.

I was on Hoosier R6's, IT spec 225/50/15s.

Concerning the over exposure, I've read others have had the same problem. I did not with my last setup but the the camera lens wasn't as wide. I don't think it's a focus issue, but we'll see.

I forgot to mention, everything is mounted solid. ;)

Very cool. Congrats! I highly recommend VIR. I know they have a well attended HSR event.

Yeah, VIR is on "the list" too. I have it on rfactor, a blast! Someday...