IGNORED

Now what can go wrong?

Pomorza

Do have a question for you all. I ordered the pump and bolts and its on its way. Upon installation is an RTV required on the pump. I haven't yet looked at the FSM or other books about the car but I'm wondering what you guys have done. From what it looks like my pump has a crap ton of red RTV holding it on the block. Not sure if there is even a gasket there. Advise is appreciated.

Jan

I had to chime in...I have pretty much done all of that with my Z over the last 25 years. One thing everyone should check/change when doing a water pump replacement are the little Belt Tensioner Bearings. They are around $10 ea and will quiet your engine alot! They are the source of many 'mystery' noises.

sblake01 I took my A/C belt off months ago as I don't use it at all. It was most definitely the water pump as I took it off and found the bearing burned. (I disassembled the pump...had some free time). There was also a stream of coolant coming from the weep hole on the old pump. Had a nice adventure putting the new one in.

Jan