IGNORED

Oregon or Bust!

Frankie....You get right back to Indiana at once and NEVER leave the state again. It is a cold, cruel world out there. I hope this has taught you a lesson!

(Seriously, sorry about your luck. My wife and I drove our 260Z to San Antonio for the ZCON and had our fingers tightly crossed for the entire 2700 mile trip! Fortunately, no problems.)

snow, smow. weather in denver and colorado is over rated. You guys from out of state only see the news whenever a snow storm hits and think it's like this all winter. It is not!

Earlier this week the temp was 84F. It isn't unheard of to get temps in the 70's in winter. We have our cold spells and one or two snow storms, but the cold temps we have is a dry cold. ;-)

If you continue on your trip this week, a few early z's will make a trip to our new track for open lapping on the 30th for an afternoon session.

You have my number in case you're in the area.

Hello from South Dakota

Got the car back today, can't even tell a difference with the new tranny. Shifts the same and no problems. I changed the oil in her, 10w30, and got back on the road. Handles fine.

I past a Buck going do the road, he was just standing on the left side, right on the yellow line. Kinda surprised me, scared the ISH! outta the guy passin me LOL. Oh and speed limit is 75, how cool is that. Im gonna try for Wyoming tomorrow.

Found out my diff. has a small leak, ill be lookin too repair that soon.

Good night from the great outdoors

Frankie

Hey Frankie, glad to hear you're operational again. I hope you had a bit of fun in Chicago to make up for the troubles in southern Minnesota. Good luck in your travels. Denver (next stop?) is a very cool place. Be sure to check out Boulder while you're there. (I wanted to go to UC Boulder at one time.)

Hey guys

Glad ur enjoyin the posts. Hit up the badlands today, and mt rushmore. The hills were pretty rough on the car. Had to keep down shiftin to get up the step inclines. I have been also down shiftin to slow the car down while going down hill instead of ridin the brakes. Not sure if this is the right procedure, but i have heard of the brakes gettin really hot and not workin when u really need them.

Wyoming tomorrow, this wknd Denver, after the snow storm passes. :)

Stayin indoors tonight, back in the tent tomorrow.

Frankie

post-19070-14150808768943_thumb.jpg

post-19070-14150808769236_thumb.jpg

post-19070-14150808769451_thumb.jpg

Those badlands can be beautiful country, as you've apparently discovered! When I look at the pic of your Z in front of the canyon, adjacent to your signature pic of your Z in your driveway in Ft. Wayne, I feel as though it has rightfully earned the highest honor of "traveling machine." Naturally the machine's brave pilot deserves considerable credit too. ;-)

Pedal braking vs. engine braking: Yeah, if you're going down a long, steep grade, downshift. You can probably just stay in the same gear for going up again. It's OK to spend all of your time in 4th in the hills. Brake overheating was more of a drum thing (as on your rear wheels), but it also happens on disc brakes. One of the maintenance hazards is warping the rotor or depositing glaze unevenly, resulting in vibration in the brakes and uneven braking. If your brakes do overheat/fail for any reason, just give the emergency brake a yank. It's actuated mechanically, not hydraulically, so it's not going to fail from overheating.

Happy trails! :)