E-tek RACING '71 Parts Car Resto - Page 19 - Introductions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

E-tek RACING '71 Parts Car Resto

Featured Replies

  • Author

Finished off the brake rebuilds today, but I forgot to order the ball joints with my Black Dragon order, so I'm waiting on those from NAPA.... (I hate NAPA)....

post-18557-14150827476141_thumb.jpg

post-18557-14150827475911_thumb.jpg

Time for a second application of Eastwood's Caliper Paint!

post-18557-14150827476369_thumb.jpg

Glad to see you back at it.

  • Author
Glad to see you back at it.

I've been REALLY busy in the shop, but haven't worked on the 240 after painting it. Took some time off my "real" job and finished the 40Ford, plus took a big bite out of the 68 Camaro. Just checking in on yours!

  • Author

Got the brakes and spindles completely rebuilt, just working on the last bits before being able to bolt it all up to the car:

post-18557-14150827530663_thumb.jpg

post-18557-14150827530959_thumb.jpg

post-18557-1415082753118_thumb.jpg

:cool:

  • Author

Details, details....

post-18557-14150827577314_thumb.jpg

Hoping to get the frond end bolted up tomorrow, then I can start detailing the rear end.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
Nice work there E-tek, keep going it will be a whole car again soon :)

Thanks! I CAN ONLY HOPE....and keep plugging away!

post-18557-14150827581593_thumb.jpg

Looks great E- Tek, is that the Eastwood cad paint on those nuts and washers? I'll be passing through Saskatoon this May, bringing my car back from White Head. Maybe I'll stop by to see your work in person!

Mark

  • Author
Looks great E- Tek, is that the Eastwood cad paint on those nuts and washers? I'll be passing through Saskatoon this May, bringing my car back from White Head. Maybe I'll stop by to see your work in person!

Mark

No, it's a gold shade I found that is close, but actually covers! Eastwood's Cad system is 3 paints plus a clear. I used it on a brake booster for a 74 Challenger and it turned out great, but it's picky work that take a while - and maybe a couple tries - to get right.

If you're on your way through by all means, look me up, there's always lots going on in m shop. My home phone is 306.665.1908

  • Author

As I am getting closer to bolting some items up to the car, I wanted to reverse the overspray on the undersides, so another coat of Rust Bullet was in order:

post-18557-14150827586613_thumb.jpg

post-18557-14150827586878_thumb.jpg

then i pulled in all rear end suspension parts out of the storage shed and brought them into the shop. I tell ya - metal at minus 30C goes through the gloves - FAST! :ogre:

It's not so long ago I painted the parts of my suspension but the front end is allready showing surface rust on some parts due the weather conditions right now. It's a constant fight against the elements I tell ya... :knockedou

Edited by bartsscooterservice

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.