IGNORED

New to forum - Looking for s30 Fairlady parts

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, and the information I've read through so far has been very insightful. I'm currently working on two cars - 72 240z 2.8l Stroker, and RHD 70 Nissan Fairlady Z - just picked up from Roger Allen in TX. I'm diverting most of my time and efforts now to the Fairlady Z, since I'm planning to give my father the 72 stroker project. I'm now looking for Fairlady parts to help complete my project. That said, have any of you seen these parts floating around recently for sale/trade:

- Fairlady mesh front grill

- Triple Mikuni's with intake

- Watanabe Wheels 15's-16's preferably

The Z didn't come with a motor unfortunately, but I lucked out and found someone in Santa Clara who was selling a crate motor L20a - the original motor, as you may know, that came in the JDM 70' fairlady. It's never been installed, and appears to be brand-spanking new - well, minus the dust. It has sat around for 15+ years, according to the seller. It'll need to be taken apart for inspection and gasket replacement, but just thrilled to start with a zero-miles original motor.

I'm taking photos this weekend to add to this thread later and plan to post YouTube clips through the stages of my restoration attempt. Anyhow, glad to be part of this forum now, and look forward to providing updates as I continue with this project.

Cheers!

Mike V :beer:

I can get almost everything for JDM Z car.

I have that grille new in the box also. Depending on how far you want to take,

As far as info and parts, check out this one,

www.jdm-car-parts.com

Most reproduction parts in Japan are high quality, but kind of expensive.

I will be more than happy to answer any questions about JDM cars.

Esprist

Hi ax0car,

Thanks for the Watanabe link. I'm not sure if I'm going zg flare yet, Ive seen several Fairlady's on the web that look simply and really nice lowered (and flare-less) with 16x7/8 wheels (Konig rewinds, Panasports). But I think the Watanabe's, at least for my taste, are the most desired for this car...Then again, just depends on personal preference.