IGNORED

280ZX turbo Block, head, and Intake Price?

cebu

Hay I dont know if this is in the right section but i have a a Rebuilt 280ZX Block, bored .40 over, with ARP Rod Bolts, new turbo pistons, new rings, and new rod, and main bearings, with the turbo P90 head, and intake manifold for sale

i painted the block black, and it has copper freeze plugs... it looks really nice

And i need to know how much i need to ask for it.. i don't know how much it is worth.

Edited by cebu

Depends on the quality of the build (home job or at a reputable shop), condition of the head (stock / ported & polished), etc.

If it is a home job, look at Ebay for completed sales of similar rebuilds.

Good luck on sale.

Not to be offensive, but, once again, it depends. Mostly on the faith of the buyer that you know what you were doing(unless you kept the receipts for what you used adn videotaped the process). You may be the best engine builder in the country, of you could be a NGAJr.-I have no idea, and probably no verifiable way to find out. A rebuilt engine from an unknown(and some ebay sellers) is not a known quantity, and usually lacks any sort of meaningful accountability as an assurance of quality.

Most professionally rebuilt engines come with a local service warranty, and as such are actually meaningful and valuable to a buyer.

No offense to you meant, but most people after a rebuilt L28ET would hesitate to buy one from a guy far away in Texas with an unknown reputation, who has no real and verifiable way of correcting any issues that might arise within a reasonable length of time.

Please don't take that as a knock to you, Look at it as if I were selling the engine and you were looking to buy one.

As an example, I might offer a 2 year warranty on my rebuild(I do NOT REBUILD ENGINES) but all warranty issues are handled by me personally. That means a buyer in Texas would have to remove his engine, ship it to Georgia, wait until I get it repaired, and ship it back-more than likely the buyer would have to pay shipping both ways, for the removal and installation, and have the car inop for an undetermined length of time. If you paid $2000 for the rebuilt engine, and had to pay another $1000 in removal/installation and shipping charges, how valuable is my warranty? The warranty costs you a minimum of $1000 and unspecified time to use. How many and what possible warranty issues in an L28ET rebuild could be corrected for less than that $1000? This is essentailly a "0 accountability warranty".

Now If I offered easily verifiable local no-hassle repair at one of several shops local to the buyer, all of a sudden the warranty just became valuable. I might still have to pay for RnR, but I suspect a great many rebuild issues could be taken care of without removing the engine. This is a serious accountability warranty.

I would say a personally rebuilt L28ET is worth what you can sell it locally to you for-unless you have a buddy that knows you well that needs one somewhere else, or find a trusting soul with no clue. I doubt it would be more valuable to anyone else. This is not to say that a privately rebuilt engine is a ticket to problems, only that it easily can be. This is also not to say that you are looking to stick someone, just that in considering a purchase, both best and worst case scenarios should be taken into account, and that the accountability of each perspective situation should be evaluated too.

Will

ATK warranty.pdf

Edited by hls30.com