IGNORED

Finally ready for some paint!!!!!!!!!!!

madkaw

After years(about 15) of owning this car, and fixing everyone elses car, I am finally getting close to getting her painted. It is really more then a paint job since I am resto-modding everything as I go, but you can't do anything until the color is on. I have everything rebuilt(engine, interior, ect..) waiting on the paint so I can put it all back together. Now the tough part is to choose the right color.

The color was originally silver and she is going back silver, but which one? That has been the million dollar question here lately. I wish I could see a quality paint job somewhere with the original Datsun silver so i can compare. I think I will go with something newer though, something with a little POP in it. I'll take any suggestions. There was a nice 240 in Nashville Indiana at the Brown County car show that had a late model Saab silver that was very nice. I want to find a silver that isn't very white, but rather some substance to it as being a little darker but with a lot of bling. The newest 350z silvers are too lite in color. I have even considered the Pontiac galaxy silver or the Pontiac Pewter metallic. I am considering putting a larger metal flake in the paint to give it some zing.

post-7622-1415080769071_thumb.jpg

post-7622-14150807691535_thumb.jpg

post-7622-14150807692184_thumb.jpg

Edited by madkaw

On my 77 280, I am going to go with the GMC color found on the 2009 Canyon, Dark Steel Gray Metalic. You need to see it in person, but it is a beautiful dark gray with lots of movement. De-chromed and with the MSA II air dam, side dams and rear spoiler on old Appliamce "turbine" wheels with the centers painted to match. My other 77 is going to be 94 IROC yellow as found on the IROC Camero. But, only one car at a time. There is a recession (according to the TV)

I can't remember if it is BMW or Mercedes that have a color called "rauchsilber", as the name say, it is a smoked silver, to me it is a very nice and elegant color, but not much of bling to it.

Good luck with your hunt.

Chris

No modding to get the spoiler on, just hours of fitting and heating the fiberglass so it wasn't such a sprung fit. Carl, Good luck to you too, I know how these paint jobs go. I actually went over to the painter today and disassembled the car for him so he can shoot the engine compartment. Damn i can't wait to see it done!

• 3 weeks later...

Have you figured out a paint color yet? Mine is getting close too. I can almost taste it. They have the suspension back on and hopefully will be painting it soon. I am going with a dark blue, that I think is a GM color. At least thats what the body shop tells me. Keep us up to date.

carl