IGNORED

best new headlights for a stock 240Z

Zedyone_kenobi

I'm not going to argue against a relay system, but I've been pleasantly surprised by my Sylvania Xtravision H6024 lamps. Straight drop-in, 55/65 watts. I'd say they are in the top 20% for vision out there, which ain't bad at all for stock replacements in a 37 year old car with headlights about an inch off the road. OK, not an inch, but pretty damn low.

Chris

P.S. Fastwoman -- I like your style. I'm going to try and beat your price by looking through the piles of old electric stuff that I've bought at garage sales for a pair of relays.

Between digging up the back yard (the dirt gets softer when it rains but no matter how long the rocks soak they are still - well hard as rocks... maybe acid rain isn't so bad) for the sprinkler system and setting up a star ground, fuse panel, MSD Ignition and HID H4 Headlight conversion I was finally able to get the 240Z out this weekend. MSD is amazing.... back on topic - HID's. Wow. If you don't have a vehicle with HID's you can get away with sealed beams or better yet Halogens. Once you've gone HID's its really tough to go back. The light output is outstanding - low beams don't get in people's eyes but on the back roads with the high beams you can see WAY off into the distance - not just 10 feet from your bumper. HID's are running at 35W instead of 55/65 and probably produce at least twice the light. System I got plugs right into the headlight harness so I didn't need to hack anything up (its just a standard H4 connector anyhow).

That being said if you don't want to go down that road for sure do the relay upgrade. Its fairly easy to do and like others have mentioned you can scrounge up relays but at $5.08 for a new Bosch 30A relay why bother :)

• 3 weeks later...