IGNORED

wiper motor protection cover - color ?

moritz55

Hi all, I'd like some input on what color to paint the wiper motor protection cover. I've pulled my "grill" panel off to expose the wiper motor as I took on cleaning up this part of the car and assuring the passenger side drain is clear of debris. Currently my wiper motor cover is Silver and the prior owner painted the car Green.

Question 1) What I don't know is if this was just overspray from a Silver paint job many years ago - or did Datsun paint these wiper motor covers to match the original body color which was Silver?

Question 2) Should I just paint the wiper cover Green - the same color that matches the rest of my car now? OR should I paint it Black (Flat/Low Gloss Black) ?

My initial thought was to paint it Black so it is not noticeable under the "grill" panel openings when I reinstall it however to keep it as authentic as possible maybe Green matching the body color makes sense.

Any feedback or suggestions are welcome.

Many thanks .....

Edited by moritz55

Hi all, I'd like some input on what color to paint the wiper motor protection cover. I've pulled my "grill" panel off to expose the wiper motor as I took on cleaning up this part of the car and assuring the passenger side drain is clear of debris. Currently my wiper motor cover is Silver and the prior owner painted the car Green.

Question 1) What I don't know is if this was just overspray from a Silver paint job many years ago - or did Datsun paint these wiper motor covers to match the original body color which was Silver?

Question 2) Should I just paint the wiper cover Green - the same color that matches the rest of my car now? OR should I paint it Black (Flat/Low Gloss Black) ?

My initial thought was to paint it Black so it is not noticeable under the "grill" panel openings when I reinstall it however to keep it as authentic as possible maybe Green matching the body color makes sense.

Any feedback or suggestions are welcome.

Many thanks .....

Semi gloss black as front radiator core support area. It is to hide the area.

Same method is applied to rear Q glass area(the area between intrior trim and Q-glass, inside Q emblm holes(Series 2&3), and hood hinge rods.

Esprist

To the best of my knowledge the wiper motor cover is black plastic molded form or a black plastic bag not rubber. Lacquer thinner is pretty aggresive. Be careful that it doesn't melt the plastic.

Thanks everyone. I know this was a trivial question but now I feel better. I cleaned off the Silver overpsray as best I could and then gave it a coat of Low-Gloss Black paint. It came out pretty good. here is a photo.

Many thanks again...

post-14684-14150807232074_thumb.jpg