IGNORED

how big is the front sway bar on a stock 240Z

And I'm pretty sure that Nissan Techs used MM to measure their parts.

and 17mm is close to 5/8"

FWIW

Dave

AF240Z, I apologize if the above comment seemed offensive. And as for Auxilary, I've personally not seen any 17mm front bars. It's not something I look for on other peoples cars. I have however seen MANY 19, 23 and 25mm bars in front. And 17 and 19mm in the rear. Brackets were welded onto the frame from the factory from around mid 72' and up and a few very late 240Z's got the same REAR sway bar as the early 260Z. And my EARLY 260Z came with a Factory rear sway bar as well.

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

ah yes, i forgot how this 'purist circlejerk' site operates :) if you notice, your previous posts do not list 17mm front sizes.

and there's no typical rear sway bar size from factory, since a 240z in US never got one from the factory. Common rear aftermarket sway bar sizes are 3/4 from suspension techniques, and 7/8 from MSA.

Edited by auxilary

ah yes, i forgot how this 'purist circlejerk' site operates :) if you notice, your previous posts do not list 17mm front sizes.

and there's no typical rear sway bar size from factory, since a 240z in US never got one from the factory. Common rear aftermarket sway bar sizes are 3/4 from suspension techniques, and 7/8 from MSA.

So now I'm a Purist? Dude, You don't even know me. If you did, you'd retract that stupid a$$ statement in a heartbeat. Considering what I do for a living and some of the things I've done to Z cars in the past.

Did you have something useful to say or are ya REAL sure that Nissan NEVER put a rear sway bar on any US 240Z's?

Are ya real sure or do ya just make up shite to make yourself feel better?

Take your comments elsewhere,

Dave

Let's see... response is 5/8 (btw, af240z is me, I forgot my login, created a new one, then remembered this one, just so you know it's the same person. And I noticed your edited your reply to apologize for the 'harsh' response).

Your first line was:

And I'm pretty sure that Nissan Techs used MM to measure their parts.

And that's why you got that reply.

There may have been late year entries for 73 240z that got stock factory sway bars, but the original poster noted that it's a '71.

Ya, it knew it was you. Just wanted to see if you played it off as if it wasn't you. My friends call me "Captain Obvious" cause I'm able to catch obvious thing that most others don't. After looking at both profiles, I noticed both of you acted about 31 years old, both own a 73' and both live in the Bay area. Logic says you are the same person or know each other. I opted for the "Same person" theory.

So being as how I re-read my post, I saw how one could take it as "Harsh" so I apologized. But coming back with "Purist Circlejerk" without explaining that it was you, or that you thought the comment was offensive, was rude and wrong and seemed to be pointed at EVERYONE. Where as a Circlejerk would include more than just one person.

Are we done yet? Or should we continue this charade?

Your first reaction was to correct me regarding metric vs. imperial size. It's called being passive-aggressive. In that case, you're just a lame purist, since even the mention of non-metric system throws you off (that being said, I prefer metric over SAE). Your "ability" to pride on yourself by catching "obvious" things, top notch, my hat's off to you, sir. I can only wish I had this gift.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand:

old-new.jpg

My MSA 1" sway bar vs. the stocker. Diameter is clearly at least 40% larger than stock

Edited by auxilary

Are we back to this shi.t again? It's been 3 days, what were ya doing? did it take ya that long to figure out a comeback? If ya really feel the need to add to your Post count by arguing everything, do it somewhere else.

"My MSA 1" sway bar vs. the stocker. Diameter is clearly at least 40% larger than stock"

No Shite, thanks Lieutenant Obvious. Should I tip my hat now? Or in another 3 days?

This is getting old real quick.