IGNORED

how big is the front sway bar on a stock 240Z

I am going to order a set of bushings for my car as my bushings are dry and basically old. But Black Dragon has them listed as 18mm and 20mm.

What size came stock on a 1971 240Z. I realize I could just go measure mine, but I am at work, and thought I would pick your brains.

• 2 months later...

Hi

My 72 has a rear sway bar-- the original owner added it back in 1979. The front appears to be a 18mm or 19mm the rear--20mm. Is anyone running a larger rear bar?

Most Kits suggest a 1'' front bar with a smaller 7/8 rear bar. Might just be easier to upgrade to one of these....

Thanks

Rich

Edited by Rich1

Typical set-up is 19mm in front and 17mm?? in the rear.

The weight of the front, with motor, works better with a larger bar in front. I have a 23mm in front and a 19mm in the rear, on my 240Z. My 260Z is getting a 25mm in front and a 19 in rear, toppled with KYB struts and Eibach Progressive rate lowering springs with Energy suspension Urethan everywhere.

HT(Hope This Helps)

Dave