IGNORED

2+2 clutch into 2 seater coupe

KDMatt

Alright, so this summer, for certain I will be doing a clutch replacement on my Z (starting to slip something awful) ...

Anyway, my question is about using a clutch kit from a 2+2 in a 2 seater coupe ... I mean the advantage seems somewhat obvious ... slightly bigger clutch, somewhat more heavy duty, but less expensive than a Stage 1 kit.

I'm somewhat certain that the 2+2 has a heavier flywheel (19lbs vs 17lbs?), but would that prevent me from using the 2+2 pressure plate/bearing/clutch...

I've never done a clutch before, so I'm a little clueless :stupid:

The 2+ fly wheel clutch and all will fit just fine . If you are concerned about any additional weight , have the wheel lightened.

One thing , be sure to use a torque wrench to tighten the bolts. It's easy to over torque them and brake them off in the flywheel. This I know first hand.

Gary

You must use the 2+2 flywheel with the 2+2 pressure plate and clutch disk. They have a larger frictrion surface (240mm vs 225mm) than the 2 seater version and a stronger pressure plate. I believe the 2+2 non-turbo flywheel is the same weight as the coupe. Mixing and matching doesn't sound like a good idea. And besides, what would be the point of using a smaller friction surface that didn't match up with the friction disk and pressure plate?

Edited by =Enigma=