IGNORED

BRE Tribute car for sale

=Enigma=

"It was fully restored by a Nissan Body Shop into the exact style of the famous BRE racing Datsun's of the early 70's."

I don't think it was exactly styled as a BRE race car, maybe painted like one. It does look nice and could bring a pretty penny when it sells. I wonder what the VIN is on this car?

I know this car, it belongs to a guy that worked at Mossy Nissan in Escondido. I met him at the JCCS show this last year.

He saw extensive photos of my replica and copied some of it and guessed at other parts. There are some issues with how accurate a replica, it is a nice 240Z with a classic paint scheme. I am not aware that this car is a licensed tribute car, but it could be.

This car is NOT fully restored, and it is NOT in the exact style of the BRE cars. It's a driver. The VIN is not significant, he worked at a NISSAN dealership that panted the car.

I could knit pick this car, but why....The owner is a nice guy and has done an okay job, like many others with a famous color scheme. He seemed to want a big number for it. I did not think it was there for a stock 240Z with a paint job.

Looking at the photo below vs the photo posted by sblake you can see quite a difference.

932DSC01425.JPG

Edited by ron carter

This car is NOT fully restored, and it is NOT in the exact style of the BRE cars. It's a driver. The VIN is not significant, he worked at a NISSAN dealership that panted the car.

I could knit pick this car, but why....The owner is a nice guy and has done an okay job, like many others with a famous color scheme. He seemed to want a big number for it. I did not think it was there for a stock 240Z with a paint job.

As you said, no need to nit pick the car. It appears to be in decent shape with a nice paint job, and would make a good driver that garners a lot of attention. There's really not enough pics in the ad to tell whether it's actually worth the asking price, but based on what we can see I'd have to guess it's probably not.

This 1972 Datsun 240Z was purchased from the orig owner and has ALL orig documents, incl window sticker. It was fully restored by a Nissan Body Shop into the exact style of the famous BRE racing Datsun's of the early 70's. Stock rebuilt engine with rebuilt stock carbs, all interior redone and upgraded brakes. ALL original parts were used and old ones retained.

The car comes with a photo of Mr.Brock standing next to the car and BRE racing banners. It's an instant hit at a show car, especially at Datsun/Nissan events. Car is located in Vista CA, north of San Diego, and shown by appointment.

The car has been on display in the Nissan showroom in Escondido for several months, but is now for private sale.

Asking $19,500 and will consider all serious offers.

I took the phonenumber out

This 1972 Datsun 240Z was purchased from the orig owner and has ALL orig documents, incl window sticker. It was fully restored by a Nissan Body Shop into the exact style of the famous BRE racing Datsun's of the early 70's. Stock rebuilt engine with rebuilt stock carbs, all interior redone and upgraded brakes. ALL original parts were used and old ones retained.

The car comes with a photo of Mr.Brock standing next to the car and BRE racing banners. It's an instant hit at a show car, especially at Datsun/Nissan events. Car is located in Vista CA, north of San Diego, and shown by appointment.

The car has been on display in the Nissan showroom in Escondido for several months, but is now for private sale.

Asking $19,500 and will consider all serious offers.

I am not going to call the text above from the owner a lie, but it is a bit of a strech of the truth...It's a nice car, it looks good, it has a nice paint job, it is not an authentic or correct replica. It is not a representation of a BRE tribute car. It has sat in the showroom at a Nissan dealership because the guy works there....Peter has seen the car, and I am sure was more than happy to take a picture with the owner.

Ron,

Would you please explain a "licensed tribute car"? I think the thread warrants an understanding of this.

Chris

Yes, BRE owns several trademarks, designs Peter put together starting in the 60's. These are not copyrights that expire, they are trademarks that are owned to this day by BRE. That being said, in order to manufacture a model with the colors, paint scheme, and BRE logos it requires licensing from BRE (and that is not cheap). In order for BRE to be able to enforce it's trademark, it is necessary for BRE to license individual cars as "Tribute" cars that are painted up in the likeness of a BRE car. BRE also has a standard, of which the car must meet a certain quality of workmanship and accuracy. Otherwise Peter does have the right to request that you change the car to meet the quality criteria in order to be a licensed Tribute car or to change it so that it no longer infringes on their trademark.

This is all to the benefit to those who appreciate these cars, as Peter and Gayle now produce and sell all the decals from the same vendor that fabricated my decals, and Peter and Gayle provide all the information to build an accurate "Tribute" vehicle.

I have worked closely with Gayle and Peter to help put this program together, at their request, and I am proud to say that my BRE #46 240Z replica was the first licensed BRE 240Z tribute car.

The licensing fee is really nominal and is a one time thing until you sell the car, and the new owner must go through the same process with BRE. The car is assigned a serial number from BRE, a very special signed certificate from BRE and two special decals that are affixed to the car to recognize that it is in fact a licensed tribute vehicle. BRE requires that you sign a legal agreement with them that enforces their trademark.

Peter and Gayle do not want to stop anyone from considering to build a BRE Tribute vehicle, and will work with you should you want to do so. I know of several that are being done presently with the help of Peter and Gayle. The one time fee is so reasonable that I am sure it just covers the cost of the decals, Peters time and the certificate.

for more specific details please see:

http://www.bre2.net/index.php?section=115

:cool:

Edited by ron carter

The car looks a whole lot better then Al "Datsun Parts" $16,000.00 EBay scam car.

Looks better then mine.

Since I bought my car, I've seen original Zs listed for as much as $30,000.00 on EBay. Im not really certain what makes one more valuable then another. Anyone care to enlighten me?