IGNORED

opinion on rota rb 16x7

jorde

I was intending to fit 16x7 RB's all round but due to a mix up in stock count by the supplier he offered me 2 16x7 and 2 16x8 for the rear for the same price. They have +4mm offset. The rears were RB-R's which have the bigger dish.

I fitted Toyo R1-R tyres, 205/55 front and 225/50 on the rear. The rear rubbed ever so slightly on big dips. Yesterday I had the rear guards rolled but have not yet fully tested it.

I tried the 16x7's on the rear with the 205/55 tyres and no problems at all.

For the money I think they are good value, can't comment yet on toughness etc., but I think they look great.

Warren

And of course,

I Think those wheels look awesome!

215s or 225s may fit with the 7" on the rear, depending on the brand. (The width part of the size is an approximation, and actual width will vary.) 205s will probably be fine regardless of brand.

215s or 225s may fit with the 7" on the rear, depending on the brand. (The width part of the size is an approximation, and actual width will vary.) 205s will probably be fine regardless of brand.

Thanks Arne.

Have I worn you out on this yet:stupid:?

• 1 year later...

sorry to resurrect this thread, but I am looking into getting the Rota RB's and have a few questions... I am on the fence on whether or not to go with a 16x7 +4 or a 17x8.5 +4. I am leaning towards the larger wheels, but I am apprehensive because I do not want the wheels/tires to stick out any farther than the stock fender, and I do not want to have to stretch a tire to make it fit. Should I be worried with the 17x8.5's?

Thanks!

What car do you have? Is it a 240Z? 280Z, let us know, also what suspension do you have?

You post strange request. a 16x7 and 17x8.5 are not even in the same zip code much less ballpark.

I am not sure a 17x8,5 will even fit on a 240Z without modifications. I could be wrong, that is waaaaay too much rim in my mind.

sorry for being so vague, I was only half awake... :stupid:

I have a '78 280z, It is on stock suspension at the moment, but I am looking to put on some tokico blues with eibach springs in the near future. I did a little more research and figured that 17" isn't the look I'm going for. I really like the way warren's wheels look (earlier in this thread), but I'm not sure what the offset is on those rear wheels... I see the front is 16x7 +4 and the rears are 16x8, but I am not sure of the offset on those...

sorry for being so vague, I was only half awake... :stupid:

I have a '78 280z, It is on stock suspension at the moment, but I am looking to put on some tokico blues with eibach springs in the near future. I did a little more research and figured that 17" isn't the look I'm going for. I really like the way warren's wheels look (earlier in this thread), but I'm not sure what the offset is on those rear wheels... I see the front is 16x7 +4 and the rears are 16x8, but I am not sure of the offset on those...

I run the 16x8 et4 (+4) at all 4 corners. He likely has the +4 offset on those. The +10 version has the same face but I believe you need a small spacer to clear. My car is low and my fenders are not rolled. At stock height they never rubbed and as it sits now, it only rubs lightly in the rear (no cutting of the tire).

I vote for 16x8 +4 all around. You can't rotate a staggered wheel for tire life and a 205/55 or 205/50 will mount fine on a 16x8. They are a little narrow but mine have been fine... I run 205/50/16. I also prefer the more concave and dished face of the RBR's as well as the more stout/aggressive look of the 8" width.

You post strange request. a 16x7 and 17x8.5 are not even in the same zip code much less ballpark.

I am not sure a 17x8,5 will even fit on a 240Z without modifications. I could be wrong, that is waaaaay too much rim in my mind.

Agreed, a 17" wheel looks drastically different on our cars. I believe there is one user here and on hybridZ that runs the 17x8.5 +4 at all 4 corners. I can't remember which suspension he's running but if I recall, it fits... kinda. I think his tires rub but it's been a while. I think he posted in the other recent Rota RB thread.

Definitely need to settle on a look you like because my vote for the 16x8 doesn't mean squat if you don't like the look

:beer: