IGNORED

The L28 and Nitrous

carguyinok

I was just toying with the thought of putting a bottle on my L28. Nothing dumb and not for everyday use. But I have most of the stuff and thought I may bolt it in for alittle kick in the azz here n there.

So how big of a shot can they take without damage? Like I said its just for fun and the fact that I have it.

1.25 if only now and then

Huh? Don't you mean .125 or just 125? And isn't that a bit much for these little motors? Is this based on any kind of personal experience or experimentation on an actual L6 motor including post use inspection? "Just the facts maam".

1.25 if only now and then

Yes, please be more specific. Do you have experience with nitrous? You've said before that you're 17 so I'm somewhat hesitant. But if you do know, please elaborate. I'll never juice my engine but I do like to hear what others are doing.

125..... Ya, thats alittle over the top IMO.

I was thinking along the lines of a 50 or 75 shot. But, wasnt sure if anyone here had ever put one on the juice.

If you do post numbers like 100+ I would hope you could back them up with photos of your own set-up at those numbers.

The odds are that it will only get hit a few times a year if that. I am looking more for the show side of it anyway. Maybe a set-up like the vette that was done at our shop.

005_5-1.jpg

Thank you Danial. But, I was looking there before posting here. Most of the info I found in that site was going WAY off track. Plus I dont know much about the background on 99% of the people posting there. So I find it hard trusting whats being said and have yet too see a post on there thats backed up with photos or dyno numbers.

Atleast here I know a good part of whats posted is fact by people that I trust. Or know the names of the peolpe I do trust with advice along these lines. After all this is my baby.

My bad. Sorry John. I think you had your decimal point in the right place after all, assuming that we're talking millimeters and not fractions of an inch. I'm going to shut up now and go read about nitrous injection systems. Not because I'm interested, but because my curiosity has been piqued and I feel stupid now. :)

Edited by =Enigma=

Without forged aluminum pistons, and beefed up rods, you are looking at problems. The cyclinder pressure increases dramatically when adding no2 to the mix. With the nature of the intake on these cars, and the difficulty of getting the fuel mix the same in all cyclinders, you would have to use a wet system, with the nozzles drilled into the intake. Multicarb set ups are tricky with no2. Timing will have to be reduced at the time the system is armed to avoid detonation and piston burning/melting, so you are looking at an additional ignition control system, like msd box with retard trigger. Remeber adding 50hp kit to these cars is an increase of nearly 33% more hp than stock (156 on 72s if I remember right) with roughly the same in torque. Its not like putting a 50hp kit on a 400hp 350sbc.

In my experience no2 does 12 things to the motor, only one makes it go faster!

It can be done, but it takes work to make it solid and safe, its not like you can get an off the shelf system for this combo that is tested and designed to be safe as long as the bug doesnt bite and give you the "just 25hp more" bug.