IGNORED

act your age. Wait no... Post your age

five&dime

I'm 50. Bought my first Z, a '73 in Tucson AZ in 1980. I had a friend, Rob Smith of RPS Performance Products that was into imports and smaller cars like I was and he bought one shortly after that. We had a lot of fun modifying and driving our cars. It's the car that took my wife and I to Las Vegas to get married. A new baby, house, and the wife not liking to drive the Z due to the triple Webers not having a choke and being a little finicky on the bottom end and I ended up selling her to a friend. The Z, not the wife. Anyway, I purchased my second Z, another 73, about ten years later and it was my daily driver for several years. I had a '75 280 for a while, basically bought to fix and sell, and an '81 280ZX that became a drivetrain donor for the '73. I ended up selling that one before moving out here to Indiana in '98. I was going to need a car that would get me back and forth from Lebanon to Purdue in West Lafayette in the snow and ice while getting my engineering degree, and I wasn't going to have a good place to store the Z for a few years, so I sold that one too. Now that I have the space, time, and money again I have my current cars, a '72, and a '72 parts car. It's like coming home again as I've spent close to 200,000 miles behind the wheel of my first 2 Zs.

Steve

I'll be 50 in July, DANG!!! I saw my first 240Z in 71 when my father purchased a new 510 4-dr sedan. I remember telling my father we should get one. I got the 510 in 77 and had it for four years. Got my 240Z in 92. It's still a project car that seems like it'll never get painted. I joined the IZCC around that time and met a lot of the veterans around here including Mike.

This should make everyone feel better except "Pit Crew Guy" I'm to be 61 this summer. Still a track day guy and looking for more speed. My goal is to be that guy that everyone points at and says ..."don't let that old man fool you, he is faster than..... !!".

"72 240 with brake, spring, shock, transmission, rear end, sway bar, and radiator mods. Looking for more horsepower.

I turned 40 in October. This is my second Z, I owned a '76 280Z back in 1986, which I drove for 3 years until I was a sophomore in college. It was a great car, and I had 3 other friends that all had similar cars (2 '77s and a '78 in my group).

I was in the market for a Jag E-Type about 5 years ago, but kept losing out to higher bidders. So I decided a Z would be a fun toy, and purchased my current car. I also ended up with the E-Type, but the Z gets much more attention!

I'll turn 29 in November.

I've loved the S30 ever since I was 14, when I helped one of my friends get his early 260 2+2 running. In August of '05, I got fed up just enough to drop a 240SX I bought the previous summer, and while I was driving home from getting the AC repaired (unsuccessfully) for the 3rd time, I spied a nice looking 300ZX. I picked up my Z32 (twin turbo) then, and thought that would be enough for me.

In May of '06, I got married, and in June of '06 my wife was expecting our first child. We decided then to start looking for another solid Z car, so that both of us could drive Zs to the z club meetings. The looking gained a bit more momentum when my boy was born in February '07.

Luck and good contacts got me in touch with a lapsed member of the Albuquerque Z club, who was looking to sell his '71. I went, without high hopes or deep investment, but fell in love. In retrospect, taking money out of my portfolio to buy the car then was probably the best financial decision I've made to date.

Now, with 2 kids (newest born in November of '08), I just have to hope we (and by "we", I mean "the wife") don't decide to have any more kids, because we're out of seats in the Z cars, and I'm not a big fan of any 2+2s.

Edited by Jehannum

51 and 52 is coming like a freight train.

I first saw a 240 when my brother brought his home in 1973 - it was a 70 (he recently told me that he bought it for $800), I was instantly smitten and it stayed with me till I bought my first one in 76.

I thought about these cars for many years after selling the first one, finally I bought one a few years ago. I now have two and I can imagine getting a 70 and maybe a ZX turbo befor I finish.

The 77 is probably going to stay stock, 73 - is going to be modded a little, but they are both going to be drivers and get lots of miles. I still love the look and driving them.

Hi

Iam 30 years old, i was hit by Z love, when i was 18 years old and got my license driver. My father gave me a car and after i stopped at a gas station a saw a very good blue 240z for sale and at that time i tried to convence my father to trade the new car car for the "old one".

I even took my mom there to see the car, but efforts were not enough. At my 26 years old i bought my 240z, that i love so much and hope to have it all my life...

am i the youngest?, im not even 21 im 20 ive been a z owner since i was 17, I normaly like the 510 more then the Z's when i was 14 but when i saw the rocky auto Z i fell in love with the z and loved the jdm look and thats how i hope to make my z look!

Edited by FairladyZS30

Iwill be 57 this june started my love affair working at a datsun dealership in 1969 in high school.i drove tr6 ,datsun, fiats cars all the time back then just loved the 240z the most graduated in 1971.first bought a 1972 240z in 1979.than owned 3 parts cars.bought the 71 i have now back in 1984 i am in the process of restoring it 903 blue with a blue interior,began restoration early 2007 .just cant part with this car since its a71 and i graduated in 71 so it will stay in the family for a long time. a funny story back in 1990 i was driving my z on a winding back road 530am doing about 85mph and a cop stop me .told me to be cool driving he did not give me a ticket because he also had a 240z and know how much fun i was having.just thouhgt i would share that story because we all know how great it is to drive these cars.thank to all z owners for this moment carl h