IGNORED

MSA spook pictures

Zedyone_kenobi

I am wondering if anybody has the BRE spook front air dam and if they are settled on the quality. The classic datsuns air dam is made from the original BRE mold has had accolades from numerous people, but I really prefer the solid lip. MSA sells this, but I would like to know the quality and see a few pictures of them installed.

This week I am looking for body shops to paint my front parts. Soon I will be rocking the OEM goodness.

I have been trying to tell people that on multiple forums. if you embed a picture with html using flickr on here they still show up. If someone uses photoshop, I can't see them. Flickr is much better for workplaces that have hefty firewalls.

Flickr kicks photobuckets arse then sleeps with his girlfriend.

Right you are Arne......I've got the MSA front "spook" for all 3 Z's. the 70,71 and 72. The MSA BRE type front "spook" is very high quality, light weight and well finished. At only $109.00 you can't beat it!!! I prefer the vented version ( I have 2 vented and 1 non vented) although they both look awesome.

I considered going ductless on mine, but I actually prefer the more complex shape of the ducted version. The ducted version is said to be better than the non-ducted if used w/o a rear spoiler, too.

In either case, I like them both. To me, a spook is much better looking on a 240Z than a more modern air dam.

I've got the MSA carbon fiber ducted version and could not be happier. The fitment was excellent. I agree with Arne on both his point that 1) the ducted version, for whatever reason, does look better, and 2) that the spook looks better than more modern airdams.

I have an unducted MSA spook here that I have not installed yet, if you would like pics of it. I am using a rear spoiler, so following the same reasoning that Arne pointed out for going with the ducted style and no rear spoiler, I hope to maximize stability and still keep the classic look of a spook. I agree with Diseazd on the quality/price of the MSA version. If there is such a thing as being more correct for an aftermarket piece, the ducted version from Classic Datsuns is more faithful and reminiscent of the "original BRE spook" and well liked by those that have them.

I apologize for not remembering where I got the first pic, or who's car this is. The second pic is from the collection of 26thZ if I remember correctly. I really like the look of the front end of this car. I think it would look great ductless also.

WEll I already placed my order from MSA for the ductless spook. Today, I am going to drag my front end pieces around to a few good paint shops and get some quotes.

Now the only question left is to paint it body colored or a nice flat black. Mr. Geezer, you are making me lean toward painting it to match the car. You too Arne!

Man, I remember when I just bought my car... HAHA..seems like it was only yesterday!