IGNORED

My new 240k Hardtop

Laggy6

• 2 weeks later...

The fibreglass stuff is pretty good but not perfect and will need a little bit of work to get just right. There overall finish is good with minor waves that can be easily fixed but there are small gaps in between the flare and panel in places, these would be 3mm or so and there is one spot that is a 4mm gap so this will need building the edge of the flare out a bit to sit closer to the panel or maybe remove some material from the flare where it's touching to bring it closer if possible.

They also definitely need rubber inbetween the flare and the panel to help hide any small gaps and to stop the flare rubbing the paintwork even though I don't think the genuine GTR's did.

• 1 month later...

It seems to be solid under there other than a bit of rust in the rear arches, there's also some rust in the front passenger corner of the bonnet but the rest of the bonnet seems good, the bootlid will also need some rust repairs done under where the stainless trim goes. Around the windows seems to be extremely solid with just some pitting around the drivers side lower front in a couple of spots but no holes.

post-18630-14150821699157_thumb.jpg

Adz, the jig is rather dodge but works :). It picks up the front crossmember bolts and rear cradle bolts and tilts slightly to throw the weight over the base loop. The main problem with it is A. I made it out of galv pipe that isn't really strong enough (it was free) and B. It needs more support at the rear of the car because I can lift the front of the car up with one hand which isn't ideal.

post-18630-14150821698366_thumb.jpg

post-18630-14150821698758_thumb.jpg