IGNORED

Z mecca u tube clip

Carl,

Glad you had a great time at the convention.

Had no idea you were a party man with the women.;)

You were so shy at the bar and didn't introduce yourself as I sat in front of you.

Sorry I didn't say anything. Had I realized who you were with all the stories I have heard over the years from my friends I would have.:classic:

Until we meet again!!!:)

sorry to jump ahead without a formal introduction, but i couldn't figure that section out. so, hey- i'm Bryan. i used to have a 73 and a 74, and hope to have another someday. right now , my 912 keeps me busy enough, so i will admire yours from afar. atleast i get to visit the Mecca at will ;)

anyway, i have a few pics from a few 2 years ago. i'll try to get some more for ya:

so maybe it's not the nicest collection in the world, but i'm betting it is.

tn_gallery_1_2_11620.jpg

tn_gallery_1_2_27788.jpg

tn_gallery_1_2_5539.jpg

p.s. i uploaded them for full size viewing in the "my gallery" section

Edited by BryanM

But seriously, it is a pretty lofty claim isn't it? Might be safer to take a leaf out of Carlsberg's book, and add "Probably......."

Alan, I'll give you that and ammend my statement to "Probably THE nicest collection of Z cars in the world" :)

I'm sure Jim would be glad to give you the full tour if you want to come over and check it out to see if you agree!

Alan, I'll give you that and ammend my statement to "Probably THE nicest collection of Z cars in the world" :)

I'm sure Jim would be glad to give you the full tour if you want to come over and check it out to see if you agree!

Don't really think you need to amend your original statement as that was your opinion and anyone who disagreed with it was/is free to share with us what they felt is "the nicest collection".

Funny, no ones done that yet.

Edited by moonpup

OK Doug, I'll settle for that. It's nearly as good as "Surely one of the best collections of HLS30Us in the world". ;)

That would be both an honour and a pleasure. Certainly on my 'Must See' list should I ever make it over to that side of the Atlantic.

Don't really think you need to amend your original statement as that was your opinion and anyone who disagreed with it was/is free to share with us what they felt is "the nicest collection".

Funny, no ones done that yet.

Has anybody here seen all the Z collections in the world? Without having travelled a fair bit around 'The World', and gained access to some of the very private collections that exist, I can't imagine anyone would be gauche enough to suggest that they'd seen 'THE Best'. Surely such superlatives are subjective anyway?

At the risk of flogging a dead horse, I'll make the point once again that these are Japanese cars we are talking about here. Different models and sub-variants were sold across a pretty wide part of the globe, and they were raced on a number of different continents. In my mind, a 'Z Mecca' worthy of that description would need to represent as many of those models, variants and factory race and rally cars as possible. Meanwhile, back in reality, such a collection seems fairly likely to be impossible - more's the pity.

:bulb: So - for all practical purposes - maybe the most realistic candidate for our own little 'Z Mecca' could actually be here, on this forum........? :bulb:

Alan T.

Carl,

Has Vicki seen that picture yet?

Hi John:

I was standing at the front door to the Convention Hotel minding my own business - when the group of girls came out. They were throwing a bachlorette party for one of their friends. They were wound-up... LOL

Having a daughter of my own, and always loving young girls - I started talking to them. They thought they were going to shock this old man, but of course that isn't possible...ROFL

So I started joking with them and teasing them a bit .. and we had a good time exchanging stories while they waited for the bus to take them bar hopping in Cleveland. One of the girls sent me the picture the following week and said they had a great time. I had told her that she had to send me a picture because my daughter would be mortified.... she knows how I tease or harass her friends...

So yes - Vicki saw the picture and was not at all surprised and yes - my daughter was mortified... eyes rolled....

FWIW,

Carl B.

Hi John:

I was standing at the front door to the Convention Hotel minding my own business - when the group of girls came out. They were throwing a bachlorette party for one of their friends. ...

FWIW,

Carl B.

Don't let Carl kid you, I have seen him dance, Last year on the beach around his Rally car right in front of Mrs Brock!

He's Chipendale at heart, and picked up a little extra money "doing the convention"...

Will

...post my a$$ on a website will ya-ha!ROFL

Edited by hls30.com

• 6 months later...
A very good friend of mine Jim Osborn (Z Devil) from Delray Beach took this clip after our Christmas party last year. Since I get a lot of requests to update my pics on my page I thought I would post this for everyone to view and hopefully enjoy.

Ok by popular demand here is the newest version of Z Mecca you tube clip. Jim Osborn was nice enough to shoot a much higher resolution clip. Unfortunately the lighting was poor and interior shots are very difficult to view. Jim will do another clip at our club's Christmas party. I will have every car parked outside the garage so he can get much clearer interior shots.