240z Radiator - Page 2 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

240z Radiator

Featured Replies

Ahh, so it is simply a loop cooler inside the tank. Gotcha.

Don't know what you guys pay for a rebuilt rad in the US but there's an outfit in your country selling an aluminium 3 row rad with 2x12" electric fans for $230 which is good value in the UK let alone the US. EBAY Monsterradiators.

Edited by Nigel1943

I had several places tell me that they would charge $300 or more to recore my original 2-row. I could have bought an aluminum one off ebay for around $200 - $250, but after asking here, I decided against the aluminum due to the extra mounting hassles and the chance of cracking due to flex.

I have a 71' rad which has been recored with a four row core. For sale for $200, but shipping would probably be high.

Phred

post-1542-14150806457373_thumb.jpg

  • 1 month later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I recently bought a 78 280 Z for parts and radiator was a three row radiator with shroud.

it is thicker and a bit larger top and bottom than the 240 but the mounting holes match up.

I assumed this was a stock radiator for a 280.

Are the 280 and 240 radiators interchangeable? If they are and the capacilty is larger why doesn't everyone get a 280 radiator?

Or do I have an aftermarket radiator? it looks like it was installed in 280 for a long time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.