IGNORED

Zapp Z for sale in SF

WingZr0

The Zap Z was a color scheme in '77 involving a yellow car with a graphic that was on the side and stripe that ran across the deck, roof, and hood. It wasn't officially a limited edition but it was featured in ads saying Zap! It had a companion in that regard called the Black Pearl.

This guy is not calling it a Zap though it appears it is and his price is not too bad. Be advised though, rust is an issue close to the coast in California. It also doesn't appear to have its original wheels.

The guy says "The body and original interior are in very good condition too"

I think the guy needs his eyes checked. That drivers seat looks like crap and he says it's got a new full dash cover so kinda makes ya wonder what all else he's not being truthful about :paranoid:

LOL! He is selling a used car. If his lips are moving, he is lying... Still, let's face it. He isn't declaring the car as a rare Limited Edition and for a 30+ year old car it probably is in very good condition.

LOL! He is selling a used car. If his lips are moving, he is lying... Still, let's face it. He isn't declaring the car as a rare Limited Edition and for a 30+ year old car it probably is in very good condition.

"He is selling a used car. If his lips are moving, he is lying..."

Thats alittle harsh dont you think? Plus from a person who has an item listed for sale in their sig........ :tapemouth

I just dont think thats true. Plus have a feeling most of us here have sold a used car once or twice...

Not wanting a fight here. I am just saying I feel thats alittle harsh :paranoid:

"He is selling a used car. If his lips are moving, he is lying..."

Thats alittle harsh dont you think? Plus from a person who has an item listed for sale in their sig........ :tapemouth

I just dont think thats true. Plus have a feeling most of us here have sold a used car once or twice...

Not wanting a fight here. I am just saying I feel thats alittle harsh :paranoid:

Notice the little laughy guy smiley right in front of that statement? It's a joke written in response to the quoted text in which the other guy says he wonders what else he isn't truthful about. Get over yourself... Besides, if you read what I say, I am defending him.

Oh, and the BMW isn't for sale anymore. If you don't mind I will take my time revising my signature... Let me know if you mind because clearly you are in charge.

Edited by conedodger

Thank you carguyinok. Nice to see someone else thinks the same way :)

conedodger-

Not trying to start a flame war here either but come on :rolleyes:

"let's face it. He isn't declaring the car as a rare Limited Edition and for a 30+ year old car it probably is in very good condition."

Anyone here that knows classic Z cars knows that there is nothing special about them other than the fact they have a fancy paint & decal package. Like you stated in post #5 "It's not officially a limited edition but it was featured in ads saying Zap! It had a companion in that regard called the Black Pearl." so of course like you said in post #6 "He isn't declaring the car as a rare Limited Edition" at least the seller got that much right.

As far as people lying about used cars they are selling, thats why I b!tched about it in my first response. I can't stand a$$holes that try to take other people for a ride. Yeah, there will always be some people that will be that way no matter what and there isn't a whole hell of alot anyone can do about it but it still doesn't make it right. About all you can do is be wise to there games by both looking at the photos carefully and most importantly checking the car over yourself in person and seeing how the actual condition of the car doesn't match up to how wonderful the seller says it is and if you can save some poor sucker some grief who doesn't know much about these cars by speaking your thoughts on it like I was doing here in my 1st response, then whats wrong with that? Also I'm sorry but I've seen many 1st generation 280Z's in much nicer shape in that same price range. It just takes time and patients when looking for one.

Again not trying to raise hell here and if your response was meant as a joke like you said, then sorry but I just had to voice my opinion on the subject.

Thank you carguyinok. Nice to see someone else thinks the same way :)

conedodger-

Not trying to start a flame war here either but come on :rolleyes:

"let's face it. He isn't declaring the car as a rare Limited Edition and for a 30+ year old car it probably is in very good condition."

Anyone here that knows classic Z cars knows that there is nothing special about them other than the fact they have a fancy paint & decal package. Like you stated in post #5 "It's not officially a limited edition but it was featured in ads saying Zap! It had a companion in that regard called the Black Pearl." so of course like you said in post #6 "He isn't declaring the car as a rare Limited Edition" at least the seller got that much right.

As far as people lying about used cars they are selling, thats why I b!tched about it in my first response. I can't stand a$$holes that try to take other people for a ride. Yeah, there will always be some people that will be that way no matter what and there isn't a whole hell of alot anyone can do about it but it still doesn't make it right. About all you can do is be wise to there games by both looking at the photos carefully and most importantly checking the car over yourself in person and seeing how the actual condition of the car doesn't match up to how wonderful the seller says it is and if you can save some poor sucker some grief who doesn't know much about these cars by speaking your thoughts on it like I was doing here in my 1st response, then whats wrong with that? Also I'm sorry but I've seen many 1st generation 280Z's in much nicer shape in that same price range. It just takes time and patients when looking for one.

Again not trying to raise hell here and if your response was meant as a joke like you said, then sorry but I just had to voice my opinion on the subject.

Jared,

I'm not quite sure what you are getting at here... I made a joke about people who are selling used cars and their integrity. It is a pretty common joke and I certainly didn't coin the phrase "if his lips are moving he must be lying". The carguyinok didn't agree with you. In fact, he called me out for being too harsh and pointed out that I have a motorcycle for sale.

In fact, it would seem that he doesn't agree with you at all or think the same way. You think the guy is not being truthful and carguyinok thinks I shouldn't have called him a liar. It seems you agree with me. Either way, I made a joke about used car sales but then tried to mitigate your comment by pointing out that he isn't claiming it to be a Zap model. Zap and Black Pearl models are somewhat sought out here in California by the way so I can't agree with you that everyone who knows Classic Z cars knows that there is nothing special about them. They are the closest thing to a limited edition in the first generation Z car. There is a guy named Steve who lives a few blocks away from me who happens to think his Black Pearl is pretty special compared to most other '77 Z cars.

In fact, the car is in pretty common condition for a car being sold here in California at that price. I would bet you could negotiate but in the ad he states it will easily pass smog. That is huge here and it speaks to originality. Two of my three cars run perfectly but would not pass smog here because they don't have original equipment.

I do know your car culture as well. I grew up in Minnesota and graduated from the UofM. I was a board member of Minnesota Autosports Club. In Minnesota cars rust out before they wear out. In California they sun rot before they rust out. This car clearly has some sun rot as evidenced by the dashcap and the taped up seats. The seller isn't trying to hide that. He shows the pictures, he calls attention to the dashcap in his description. As I said this sun rot is common here. But that is no reason for you to heat up the tar, pluck the chickens and fire up the troops for a tar and feathering. In Minnesota this car might likely look like this but could be hiding massive rust issues. I doubt that is a problem here. You just aren't understanding that you live in a different car culture. This car has this value here in California. I have no doubt he will get it. Remember, he isn't trying to sell it here on ClassicZ.com.

carguyinok is claiming I am too harsh for saying "his lips..." He is defending the guy selling the car if you ask me...

I am saying everyone selling a used car doesn't tell you everything - in a way that uses humor. I agree with you, et caveat emptor. I am simply pointing out that this car isn't too far off what the guy will get for it here in California. I'm not kidding. I see Z cars of this vintage driving every day and when they are for sale that is a common asking price.

But let's move on to some meaningful discussion. What is it you think he is hiding?

Oh hell what a mess up :stupid:

Ok I'll man up to messing up on defending carguyinok and being harsh towards you. I was on my way out the door in a rush and didn't read the responses thoroughly and thats my screw up. My appologies to you conedodger on that.

I only saw you saying "He is selling a used car. If his lips are moving, he is lying" I took it like you were trying to say "everyone who sells a used car lies so what??" Then I breezed through carguyinok's response and saw "from a person who has an item listed for sale in their sig........

Not wanting a fight here. I am just saying I feel thats alittle harsh" I took his reply like he was telling you not everyone is a lying S.O.B. who sells a used car and it's harsh to to call everyone a lier who has sold a used car here and elsewhere.

Now that I have had the time to read each response completely and thoroughly I can see now that I'm the one who got it wrong. I now see the little laughy guy smiley right in front of your statement and see that your comment was just a joke written in response to me. My fault.

I do stand by my comment though that the zap z or black pearl is nothing more special than any other 280Z. besides their paint and decal package & side view mirrors, they are the same as any other 280Z on the road. You'll get no argument from me though that if you have either one in mint shape untouched and 100% stock that yes you have a pretty sweet 280Z. That being said there are alot of beautiful 280Z's out there like mine for example that I wouldn't trade for any zap or black pearl. Just my opinion I guess. Honestly If you find ANY classic 1st gen. Z Car in mint tip top shape, untouched, and 100% stock those will all be "sought out" anywhere and will seem pretty special compared to most other Z cars out on the road.

As for the so called zap Z listed for sale above, I'm sorry but that "Zap Z" is no longer anything special. The paint is faded and I'm sure the decals are shot on it as well, the interior is faded and in poor shape (Not "in very good condition") Like the seller says it is. You say above "This car clearly has some sun rot as evidenced by the dashcap and the taped up seats. The seller isn't trying to hide that. He shows the pictures, he calls attention to the dashcap in his description." thats where I get confused because he's telling people in his ad that "The body and original interior are in very good condition too, and it has a brand new full-dash cover" aahh No dude look at your own damn pictures, It's NOT in "Very good condition" and a full dash cap isn't something to brag about either regardless of where it's from. thats my reason for "heating up the tar, plucking the chickens and firing up the troops for a tar and feathering." I don't care what car culture your from. How nice a Z or any vehicle stays depends on how well the owner maintains it and takes care of it. Not what area it's from. some areas just require the owner to work harder on keeping it up :)

What is it you think he is hiding? God only knows. This guy tells people that his Z is in very good condition inside and out and his photos say otherwise so I'm just going by that. If you went out to actually look at it in person, I'm sure you would find other surprises like rust is the biggest thing. You even said that in post #5 "Be advised though, rust is an issue close to the coast in California." then you said in #11 that "In California they sun rot before they rust out.????

Anyway again my appologies to you for any misunderstanding. From now on no more skimming through stuff then posting a response without knowing what is all being truely said and I agree, enough is enough. Let's move on to some meaningful discussion. Also lets blame WingZr0 for creating this damn thread ROFLROFLROFL Just kidding :D

Edited by DatsunZsRule