IGNORED

Need advice for building 3.0 stroker

FairladyZS30

so im taking an engines class in college and have access to a bore machine and many more computer machined mills and goodies.

so far i got

diesel crank

L28 block

e88 head

so far i got a few questions

what kinda rebuild kit should i get, could i get one for the l28? where can i get this kit and how much?

what size rods could i use? or can i use those the ones from my l24? which ones are best recommended?

mainly i wanna know where can i find the rebuild kit for this project

and pistons.

need any help advice, suggestions would be lovely:love:

You will find a lot of info on this by doing a search over at hybridz.org

And I strongly suggest you use the search function before posting the first time as they are less tolerant of folks not doing their homework before they ask questions.

That said you will find them to be extremely knowledgeable about matters that relate to Z modifications beyond the norm. A 3.0L stoker for them is a very mild upgrade. I think you'll be spending a lot of time clicking on links to some great engine options and you might even change your mind on what to do with your Z as a result.

Good luck with your build....

Edited by gnosez

FairladyZS30,

There is plenty of info on doing strokers here, and on Hybridz. I would do some homework, I did when I went down this route. But to get the ball rolling, I would use your L24 rods (the 9mm ones are best, though people have used the 8mm ones), if you can, make a torque plate for your reboring. If you are on a budget, just get some cast pistons...an L28 gasket set. If you have the facilities, play attention to the balancing of your rotating mass, including flywheel, clutch and front damper. You here of people building a stroker, but it won't rev, usually due to the parts not being balanced....but you probably know all this....

As for pistons, I know Rebello will sell you some, I got some cast ones from them when I started to build my own stroker.

Good luck

Ian

I also have the parts for to build a stroker. Have had most of the stuff for about 5 years. I still need the pistons. My plans have changed over the years as far a what I intend to do with the engine. Presently I'm thinking along the lines of building it as a 'stock' replacement for the engine in my 810 when it needs to be replaced. I'll have it balanced and try to keep them compression down in the stock range so I can use it with the factory EFI. If it works out it will still be a strong runner going from 2.4l to 3.0/3.1l.

It should be the same, try to have a look at northern autoparts, you will save $15, i just ordered today, main bearing set STD $43.60 you can also send a mail to rickschroeder(a)northernautoparts.com i can highly recommend them.

Chris