IGNORED

repro window sticker

don356

I am on one of my quest; I am looking to reproduce the damaged window sticker for my car. I found the traction feed 15# 11.75 X 8.5 Paper and have a company ready to photo shop and print the blank forms for me on the paper. Anyone interested in blank forms or could type in your information? I do not know the total price for the project as of yet. LMK

JLP

It seems the forms are particular to a certain year. Are you suggesting we use that form for whatever year car you have? It would probably mean a lot to some people who go for accuracy in everything, but most people probably wouldn't care about the size, layout & colors, etc; only that it "looks kinda right" and what's printed on the sheet, even though the build sheets back then are much different then today's (some people are really that dumb! To expect the MPG info on something from the 60's or 70's...)

It seems the forms are particular to a certain year. Are you suggesting we use that form for whatever year car you have? It would probably mean a lot to some people who go for accuracy in everything, but most people probably wouldn't care about the size, layout & colors, etc; only that it "looks kinda right" and what's printed on the sheet, even though the build sheets back then are much different then today's (some people are really that dumb! To expect the MPG info on something from the 60's or 70's...)

post-25833-14150821053588_thumb.jpg........:bulb:

I have copies of 69, 70, 71 both early and later, 72 both early and later, 73, 74, (NO 75) 76, and 77.

All are slightly different in look and color and size. Some I have already completed all the work on and some not.

post-13827-14150821055991_thumb.jpg

If any one is interested let me know, PM me. I usually laminate them so the can be put under the wiper and not get damaged at shows. People really like to see them and check out the listed price.

Michael

post-13827-14150821054104_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150821054382_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150821054585_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150821054827_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150821055015_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150821055259_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150821055435_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150821055609_thumb.jpg

post-13827-14150821055789_thumb.jpg

No, The paper I found would be good to replicate the two forms in Michael's post. (the top right two). I am sure if I had the originals I could find paper and format the other. Much information would have to be gathered for each tag. Selling dealer, selling dealer ID number, Port of entry, etc... The paper I have found for the two on the right is 15# perforated pin feed paper. It would need to be cut and printed prior to tearing at the perforation points to get the original, (lack of perfect) alignment with the color crossing the perforation. I have also found a source for the two sided gum adhesive and samples are on the way. Accuracy is important. Thanks for the question TomoHawk.

• 5 months later...

is there a listing of Ports of entry into the US for each year that Datsun utilized?

I found my 05/72 car in Illinois so my guess (but could be wrong) is that Jackson FL was the port of entry.

Can anyone confirm what ports were used? and the likelyhood of that port being used for delivery to an Illinois Dealership for sale?

Here are some of the listings from original samples I have.

24 - Jasksonville, FL to - Hot Springs AK, Charlotte NC, Pittsburgh PA

26 - Newark to - Stanford Conn, Hempstead New York,

?? - Huston to - San Antonio TX

57 - Seattle to St. Louis MO, Denver CO, Garland TX, Witchita KA

I would think that IL could come from Newark or Jacksonville or Seattle. to me if the dealer traded for the car it could have come from any where.

• 1 year later...