IGNORED

70´ 240Z burn-out just for fun

Zs-ondabrain

I have never seen the point! Only if you are on the drag strip and are running slicks that need to be heated to provide traction.

Gary

like this? The Z is fun but if you really need to burn rubber, theres no replacement for displacement.

Dave,

That was pretty cool how many gears did you make it through?

What was that sound of metal bumping at the end?

You missed the guard rail right?

Hope so, anyway I have contacted the local sheriff and relayed your information to them so you should be hearing from them soon. ROFL

TOXIC,

Very Supportive!!

Gary,

Like the Title says, "Just for fun" Nough said.

rdefabri,

All stock on the bottom end, Triple Weber 40DCOE's, Ceramic Coated 6into1 Header, 480/280 'ish stage 2 cam, Mallory Unilite Dizzy, Mallory Promaster Coil, MSD 6AL, 2.5" exhaust and a turbo Muffler. 3:90 R200 diff w/ CV's from a 280ZX turbo, 79' ZX 5-speed.

Luv24ds,

I could do a burn out like the 455 if I had a puddle to start with as well, ya know?

280~MASTER,

That was 2nd gear and no shifting on that run. I was still rolling forward when I put it in reverse, that's what you heard near the end, no gaurd rails but there was a big ditch on that side.

Sheriff was too slow to respond, as usual, so try again later. hehehe

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

I could do a burn out like the 455 if I had a puddle to start with as well, ya know?
Dunno, Dave. I've seen the tires on the back of Steve's Buick, and I don't think your Z could do them justice, even with a puddle! LOL

OK, maybe not quite like his but you get the idea. That burn out was started in 2nd gear, on a dry road. If I had a puddle, I could have started in 2nd and went third. My Z, with that 3:90 and ZX 5-speed will do over 100MPH in 3rd. That's a whole lotta smoke.

Don't let the video fool ya, I don't do Burn-outs all the time. I had just got done with the FORZA motorsport 2 Dyno run and was syched about the new exhaust and my Z's exhaust sound bites being in the game. I basically got excited and fealt the need to show off a little. Now I just need to teach Leah to stop the camera After the burn out.

When I uploaded the Video here, I wasn't aware that it would it would be introduced as a thread. Kinda cool though.

Dave.

OK, maybe not quite like his but you get the idea. That burn out was started in 2nd gear, on a dry road. If I had a puddle, I could have started in 2nd and went third. My Z, with that 3:90 and ZX 5-speed will do over 100MPH in 3rd. That's a whole lotta smoke.

Ironically the "puddle" or water box is there to conserve your tires while warming the rubber. Not so that you can get the tires spinning for a smokeshow. However, if you are traveling through the portland area I would be happy to oblige you to a rubber laying contest, say from a 30mph rolling start?;) Plus Id like to see your car.