IGNORED

New 240Z Door Panels 70-73

geezer

Heh Zak,

Did you notice that the first door pic you posted shows that the panel has the cut out for the door courtesy light. The previous one didn't.

Did HLS30 240z come out with door courtesy lights? Or Nissan is making generic reproductions?

I've got them on my HS30. Not sure if standard though becasue the cable is a .75mm2 twin trurip (speaker wire) with a shoddy grommet and red lens.

I dont know what you mean.. I just thought it was the holes for the armrest, window roller-upper and the door pull on the JDM cars. But from what others have said this is a repro part that covers both doors on both US and JDM markets. This does look slightly different from the other set I have, but I havn't had them side by each to compare fully.

Edited by Zak's Z

I think Nissan is now making one set of panels that will adapt to all markets. The courtesy lights would be a nice feature to have for some, but my Z is being kept "bare bones" as far as niceties go.

PS - I'm still trying to see which "previous pic" didn't have the cutout.

(OK, I got it...you mean the original HLS30 panels?)

Edited by geezer

I've had three different '71s, one Series one and two later cars. I believe that all 6 original door panels had the courtesy lamp holes pre-cut but not removed. Could be wrong about them all having them, but I know for certain that I have seen those personally on at least one of my car's panels.

Which picture did not show the courtesy lamp cut out? All the ones I've looked at on this thread show the 4 rounded corners stamped out.

Zak and I were both confused at first about that. I believe 240znz is refering to the original HLS30 door panels in general and not a pic.

PS - Gee, I just saw your post Arne...now I've gotta dig out some panels and have a look................Yep, just looked and my two original sets have the courtesy light openings stamped out on the corners also.

Edited by geezer