IGNORED

Help!!! Dohc Head ????

zxjuiced

About the only way you will find a DOHC head is to go to Japan to find one. Then if you do find one it is going to be very, very expensive. I think you may as well resign yourself to not having one like the rest of us have.:cry:

I've never seen anyone that makes a DOHC head as a replacement either.

You could just replace the whole engine with one of the RB type engines.... They have them in Austrailia... I almost did, it was going to cost about $1500.00 to get it to my house... Not too bad, but I am sure there would be more expences to get it in the car.

hello... The RB motors arent that hard to fit in (so ive heard) they are starting to become more common here in Australia in zed cars... If you looked around you could be able to find a importor and get a front-cut witch is the go cause it has everything there with it.

Thanks for your reply... I thought I stumbled across a DOHC Head on a Z parts site or something like that when I was searching for parts.. could`nt remember exactly where!!! I got to start book marking!!! I see many things I`d like to check-out but forget where i see it.....As far as going to Japan....that`s not going to happen,unless i get kucky and hit the lottery!!!!

Good god!!! $1500 you say? thats nothing compared to what they are going to run us here in the state, Man i wish they would start selling skylines here as a production car!!! I say we all write letters to nissan of america asking why they havent come up with the bright idea of maybe doing this!!! im certainly going to try my hardest to bring attention to this matter. It just makes me mad that they can be that ignorant, i mean, seriosly just in the Car-Showing business there would be enough demand to make it profitable... jeesh... ive got a letter to write.

-Zach

THIS MAY BE THE BEST WAY TO GET OUR HANDS ON A RB26DET ENGINE . I READ A ARTICLE ABOUT A COMPANY CALLED" MOTOREX" IN GARDINA,CA. CLAIMS THEY BEEN OFFERING TO THE PUBLIC SINCE 2000. THAT THEY SELL USED CERTIFIED GT-R SKYLINE`S....THEY DO ALL THE LEG WORK OF GETTING THEM IN THE STATES,WITH ALL THE CORRECT PAPER WORK AND MAKE THEM EPA COMPLIANT.PLUS THEY ALSO DO ALL THE SERVICE WORK ALSO...SO IF THEY CAN DO ALL THIS MAYBE THEY COULD/WOULD HOOK YOU UP WITH A COMPLETE RB ENGINE,

SOUNDS PRETTY TEMPTING.I HAVE`NT TRIED TO GET A HOLD OF THEM YET, BUT I THINK IT A PRETTY GOOD IDEA....THEIR E-MAIL ADDRESS IS www.motorex.net if any gets any good info from this i would like to know.......thanks