IGNORED

z car customs experience?

ramsesosirus

I wanted to buy Brian's tow hooks but planned on modifying them, particularly the rears. I emailed Brian about it and he actually special ordered them without the bend and paint for me. Can't ask for much better service than that! Thanks Brian.

I saw those tow hooks and was very interested in putting them on my track car. I am a little concerned that if you got towed out with the front hook, it might wrinkle that headlight area. I am just not sure it it strong enough. They look nice though.

Marty

I had the same thought, and I am going to have to think about how to install them. I was considering adding a cross bar between them. I was surprised at how short they were when they came in though. They look like they'd be 16" long in the pictures, but from the front mounting hole to the tow hole is 4". The whole bracket is 10.25 from front to back.

I had the same thought, and I am going to have to think about how to install them. I was considering adding a cross bar between them. I was surprised at how short they were when they came in though. They look like they'd be 16" long in the pictures, but from the front mounting hole to the tow hole is 4". The whole bracket is 10.25 from front to back.

Thanks for your thoughts on them Jon. I think if I had to put in a cross brace to support it, that would be just be adding more weight with not much benefit. I would rather fabricate something to fit in the existing frame rail tow hook holes, or just use the original tow hook. The rear one looks decent though.

Marty

Has anyone purchased the repro or JDM headlight covers with the chrome rings from them? They look nice, a bit pricey but there are no other options right now. I know Will (his30.com) is looking into making them eventually, but just wondering if anyone can provide feedback on the Z Car Customs version.

Thanks!

Thanks for your thoughts on them Jon. I think if I had to put in a cross brace to support it, that would be just be adding more weight with not much benefit. I would rather fabricate something to fit in the existing frame rail tow hook holes, or just use the original tow hook. The rear one looks decent though.

The problem there is how do you get to the original tow hooks? Especially if you have a deep air dam or like I'm planning a splitter, you just can't get access. 1 x 1 x .065 square tube is less then a lb per foot, so with that tube you might add 2 lbs to the weight of the car, plus the brackets themselves probably weigh a lb. Doesn't have to be a huge amount of weight.

• 6 years later...

post-16050-0-45074100-1427489417_thumb.jpost-16050-0-45074100-1427489417_thumb.jpost-16050-0-67356100-1427489438_thumb.jpost-16050-0-27246200-1427489475_thumb.jpost-16050-0-88151800-1427489502_thumb.jpost-16050-0-06778400-1427489530_thumb.jpost-16050-0-25368400-1427489557_thumb.jI just received a spoiler from Brian at Z car customs and I am feeling very taken advantage of. In my opinion the workman ship is bad. Attached you will find photos- please if you would my fellow Zed Heads tell me what your opinion is of the workmanship- because I think it is very poor considering the part cost close to $400.00 with shipping.