IGNORED

I might be buying a 240 parts car

mikewags

Your forgetting the basic principle of craigslist. It's designed for LOCAL sales only. It's not EBay. It's not national, and the seller isn't expected to ship anything, anywhere. Just asking screams SCAM!!!!! Add the phrase "I'll wire you the money" and you get UBAH-SCAM!

As a guy who buys/sells on craigslist regularly, I automatically disregard ALL out of town offers. When I'm selling, The 1st guy who shows up at my door with cash walks away with it. If im buying, I drive to the sellers location with a pocket full of cash, and a vehicle large enough to carry what ever Im buying.

Hey, if you want to except cashiers checks from Nigeria, and ship cars to Mongolia, it's no skin off my back :)

fraudguides.com is fraudguides.com.... are you saying your looking at that web site and thinking it is craigslist?

In the end, I think it's at the seller's discretion when it comes to who they do business with. I think when it comes to doing business over the internet, one should always be careful and have the predisposition that unless the buyer will be meeting you in person; they have the potential of being scam-worthy.

Your forgetting the basic principle of craigslist. It's designed for LOCAL sales only. It's not EBay. It's not national, and the seller isn't expected to ship anything, anywhere. Just asking screams SCAM!!!!! Add the phrase "I'll wire you the money" and you get UBAH-SCAM!

I bought my latest project off of the Phoenix Craig's List and it worked out very well. I live in Colorado and spoke to the seller over the phone at length several times and he e-mailed me additional pictures of the car. In fact, he was nice enough to drive the car to the carrier's yard to save me some money! If you are careful, you can find some great deals out-of-state on Craig's list.