New style Auto Shift knob for 240Z - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

New style Auto Shift knob for 240Z

Featured Replies

That may say "Nissan 240Z" shift knob in the ad but it's looks kind of universal (and rice-ish) to me. Personally, I'd steer clear.

I'd steer clear just because of how it looks... (ugly little sucker)

On the other hand, that 'overdrive' button could be wired into who knows what. Could be a handy but unobtrusive place for a foglight switch, or ????

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Could wire it into the kick down switch so you don't need to mash your foot all the way to the floor to make the car drop a gear

  • Author

What I would really like to do is adapt the manual type knob to it. Give it a more period look without the big T handle which is really badly worn.

If you could figure out what to to about the button........

What I would really like to do is adapt the manual type knob to it. Give it a more period look without the big T handle which is really badly worn.

PM TomoHawk, he had the same idea/desire years ago-and posted a picture of what he did somewhere...

Will

IIRC, it was from some type of Chrysler product. Rather large, sort of oval shaped like the knob in my wife's HHR. Seemed to look out of place...IMO.

Thanks Will-

I used the shifter knob from a recent model Dodge Intrepid ( or Stratus, etc.) because the button is on the front instead of the top.

The shifter knob from something like a Range Rover Freelander, which is a little smaller ( about tthe size of the wood manual shifter knob), but I can't get one from a JY, and the Whole assy is over $200 from the dealer, and they won't tell you what makes it work :angry: so I won't be getting one at $200 just to look inside.

If you look at the rest of his store, he has the same knob listed for a Lotus Europa. There was never an auto Europa, or a Lambo Miura, or a Ferrari F50

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.