IGNORED

240Z as an investment

Diseazd

If you want to invest, get into stocks or currencies.

If you want to drive/work on a car, buy a car. :) All things equal, you'll probably get a better return on the stock market than foolishly being certain of your car's future value.

For sentimental objects like that, there's no telling what the market will do... In twenty or thirty years it's hard to know the state of cars powered by gasoline in general, so... It's just too impossible with stuff like this to tell what will go up and keep its value.

I know now I would have been better off buying a dozen top quality Z cars then investing in stocks. After 9/11 my stock portfolio lost almost 50% of it's value and it took until about a year and a half ago to recoup the loss. Now I'm backpeddling again. I think I would have gotten more enjoyment out of a quality Z collection and would still have them today and their value would have increased somewhat...but who knew?

Oh well, I think we should just count our blessings and consider ourselves the lucky ones.

Edited by geezer