IGNORED

Anyone going ZCCA Convention / Cleveland ?

I will be heading down early Tuesday morning. I planned on going earlier to attend Monday night's activities, but work is too busy to take Monday off.

I am REALLY glad I put my car up on a hoist yesterday. I was driving home from work the other day and hit a really big frost heave which sent a painful shock through my car. Right as I hit it, I heard something come off the bottom of my car and bounce back up into the floorpan. After hearing it, I saw something small in my mirror, but couldn't tell what it was. The car felt fine for the rest of the drive home, but I didn't drive it again until I had a chance to check everything over. Well, yesterday, I drove it to my friend's house a few blocks away and put it up on his hoist. I found the problem right away. The nut came off my LH tension/compression rod. The nut, washer, rear bushing, and sleeve were all gone:stupid: Luckily, at some point I had purchased a second set of poly TC bushings by mistake after forgetting that I already had a new set. I also had a spare washer and prevailing torque nut.

It scares me that it came apart in the first place. It had the proper prevailing torque nut and everything was torqued to spec. I guess the nut had been on and off a few times and the locking feature no longer held. I used thread lock this time around, so hopefully I never have that happen again. If I wouldn't have found the problem, it might have been ugly on my roadtrip to Cleveland!

Ron, do you want to meet at the first Service Plaza after getting on the Turnpike? It takes me around 1 hour 15 minutes to get there from my house. What time did you say you guys planned on leaving Windsor?

Ron, do you want to meet at the first Service Plaza after getting on the Turnpike? It takes me around 1 hour 15 minutes to get there from my house. What time did you say you guys planned on leaving Windsor?

Jeff, We will cross at the bridge at about 6:15 AM. I 75 is still closed down, so we have to use Fort Street as a detour, but should reconnect to I 75 by 6:30. We can meet you anywhere along the way, just call the cell number I gave you. First Service Plaza on the Turnpike is good.

PS - I did a MapQuest print out, but it doesn't allow for the detour. I estimate 1 hour 10 minutes from the border to the Service Plaza, so if you leave Northville at 6:10 we should be close to in-sync.

Edited by geezer
had to do complex mathematical equation

There are three of us meeting at the junction of RT 80 and Rt 81 in PA at 8 am. first exit after the intersection. Exit 256, if anyone is interested in joining up with us. I'll be driving the 76 280Z yellow TOPLESS RoadZter. Forecast looks like rain for most of the morning.....should be a MISERABLE drive (hehe) AL

You mean this one?

No stainless trim to dent(much less a place for a magnetic antenna!;)) on this one!

Will

post-4106-14150804707783_thumb.jpg

Jeff, We will cross at the bridge at about 6:15 AM. I 75 is still closed down, so we have to use Fort Street as a detour, but should reconnect to I 75 by 6:30. We can meet you anywhere along the way, just call the cell number I gave you. First Service Plaza on the Turnpike is good.

PS - I did a MapQuest print out, but it doesn't allow for the detour. I estimate 1 hour 10 minutes from the border to the Service Plaza, so if you leave Northville at 6:10 we should be close to in-sync.

Sounds good Ron, I will leave at 6:10 and we will see how good our estimates are :cool: What will you be driving? I will be in my Z, of course. You should still have my cell, but if not, PM me and I'll give it to you.

Guys I am really bummed that I missed this one!! Damn.

Can you take photos for the remaining bums (like me) that can't make it to the convention? I created a folder in the gallery. Here's the link: http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3529

Will has already started to upload his photos, thanks Will!!!

Mike :bunny:

the photographers are constantly taking photos during the day, as well as the more formal photos of the cars for print & purchase. I keep my camera with me to cover things and especially what you don't see (officially.) :D

I believe that there will be a DVD for sale through the convention website (after the convention), and the photographers will have the photos for sale through their own means.

thxZ

Sounds good Ron, I will leave at 6:10 and we will see how good our estimates are :cool: What will you be driving? I will be in my Z, of course. You should still have my cell, but if not, PM me and I'll give it to you.

I'm bringing the same silver Dodge Ram 4x4 I had at your house, so we can load up on souveneirs & whatnot :). I found your cell number and we'll see you in the AM.