IGNORED

buying flares, grill etc

minimafia

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you read the entire thread or just skip to the end?

The people the initial "group buy" was supposed to be going through have the customer service skills of a hibernating bear in winter. Their contact is intermittent at best.

Several people pulled out of the buy due to delays, another attempt is being made to get a whole new set of moulds made at a different place to the first one, though as yet there's nothing further in that regard.

Personally I took matters into my own hands and started browsing Yahoo! Auctions Japan and using a buyer in Japan, managed to get myself a set of flares and a front spoiler for similar amounts (slightly cheaper) than it would have been for me to get them from Challenge (I'm in New Zealand so adding freight from Aus would have made Challenge a far more expensive option than getting them EMS from Japan).

If you're interested in getting parts from Japan through the Yahoo! Auctions website (commonly referred to as "YAJ") then you can check out how I did it on my blog.

Want to buy from YAJ? Here’s How.

http://blog.retro-classics.co.nz/?p=1114

Let me know how you get on ;)

Guys,

I think I have found a guy in Melbourne (well east of Pakenham) that already does Bedford van fibreglass work and wants to branch out. He's talking of doing Holden stuff. But I contacted him about creating a set of moulds and doing a run of about 10 to 15 sets for 240K owners. And he is keen. His prices for the Bedford bits seem cheap so I'm hoping for the same for us.

As we have already been talking prices here, I don't want to point him here yet. Perhaps if we can come up with a list again over the next week. I can approach him with pictures and numbers of what we want and see what he comes up with.

Here is the previous list. Post your additions or subtractions after this message And I will have a chat with him in a week.

khughes: Grill x1

soopakarr: Grill x1

Mastadd: Front Apron x1

MiniMafia:

Flairs x1 Set

Grill x1

Front Lip x1

Bob Tail Spoiler x1

s13drifter:

Front Apron x1

Bob Tail Spoiler x1

240K&Beyond:

flares x2 sets

Grill x2

Bob Tail Spoiler x1

Front Apron x1

ovenfood: PENDING PRICES

Grill x1

Flairs x1

Front Apron x1

Bob Tail Spoiler x1

Adzmax:

Grill

Flairs

Bob Tail

Front Spoiler

N1GTR: PENDING PRICES

Grill x2

Flairs x2

Bob Tail x2

Front Apron x2

Datstan:

Grill x1

Flairs x1

Bob Tail x1

Front Spoiler x1

Requiemk:

Flairs x1

Others pending Prices

Kproject:

Grill x1

Bob Tail x1

Front Apron x1

Mr Camouflage:

Grill x1

Bob Tail x1

Front Apron x1

240kconvertible:

Front lip x 1

Grill x1

Bob tail x1

Of course, then we still have to problem of finding originals to make molds from. Again, perhaps the best discount can be offered to those suppling originals.

Disco Bob: pending prices.(and quality)

rear spoiler.x1

Bris

I am also looking for the correct brake light surrounds (can they be made as well?):bulb:

I have been trolling yahoo auctions for a long time and have only ever seen them attatched to tail lights(new)and usually run around 1k.(too much).:stupid:

have every thing else(except reargtr badge, gtr tail light surrounds, and steering wheel) any one with these things let me know if you want to sell.:love:

Edited by Disco Bob