IGNORED

Z cave is done....

mally002

Finally finished the garage addition, I say finally but it only took 5 weeks. Now comes the hard part which is moving in and trying to get everything arranged.

Two cars fit perfect with plenty of room to work and move around, but when I add the TR6 it gets just a tad crowded. Hopefully I can spend the weekend getting things organized and putting the new carbs on the 73.

post-13312-14150804592242_thumb.jpg

post-13312-14150804592739_thumb.jpg

post-13312-14150804593075_thumb.jpg

post-13312-14150804593542_thumb.jpg

post-13312-14150804593958_thumb.jpg

Nice job! What are you going to do with the second story?

Excellent job!! I am jealous. One question -- where's the fridge for the beer?
Beautiful job! The only thing I think I don't see is the fridge...and maybe a 50-inch HDTV, for watching the Speed Channel, of course. :D

Enjoy!

I've got that stuff in my 'Z cave', no big screen in the garage though; (55" in the sunroom and 50" in the living room), lots of tools and (and security), about the same floorspace; before I put in the shelving and racking, I could fit three cars in it but I wish I had that second story! It's a vaulted ceiling so I could build a loft if I ever get around to it.

c7o1d.jpg

ROFL....I love the comments, at least you didn't call the Porsche a VW....

I will get the 73 in the cave before too long.

Still have the fridge in the main garage, so if your in the Knoxville area drop by for some hanger flying and COLD drinks.

Right now the loft is just storage, when the budget allows I'm thinking of making it a finished area, my 17 year old has already claimed it as his new bachelor pad......I don't think so.

your cave looks great sblake....

Z ya,

Randy

Edited by mally002

Very very nice. I am impressed and envious at this addition to your garage space. My infinitely better half has advised that I may need to make my next garage big enough to live in so maybe the batchelor pad is not such a bad idea. Mind you, it is a good thing to have out of the way storage space for things that otherwise just get in the way.

SBlake your cave looks to be a well refined retreat and work space. Computer in the garage - great idea.

Randy, can you tell us a little about the rally poster above the toolbox on the right and the floor coating you used on the floor? How durable the floor coating to oil stains, tyre marks, pressure cleaning and the like?

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave, the floor currently just has three coats of sealer in a clear finish, in about a month or so it will get another treatment that includes an Epoxy coating. I'll see how it holds up and let you know in a few weeks.

The rally poster was when I drove the 240 back in.........wait, sorry I was dreaming again.......I saw it on EBay not too long ago and was the winning bidder.

Diseazd.....You called it, the wife got a VW Beetle Convertible (used of course) that she has wanted since they came out. I pushed for a Mini Cooper (more manlier), but she wanted the bug. I have to wear sunglasses, hat, fake beard, etc if I have to drive it in fear of my manhood being questioned.....:cool: j/k for those guys who drive a beetle vert.