IGNORED

Cindy McCain, First Lady of Drift

Mike

What if 7 years ago we took the plunge and committed ourselves to doing that?

Why stop at 7 years.. why not 15 years ago. The Dem's had the White House and both bodies of congress for 6 years.

Both parties suck.

That's what I've been saying!!LOL

About the only thing that Michael Moore said that I agree with is; "isn't it great that the rich have two political parties to take care of them".

FWIW,

Carl B.

No, the 2% is total expected oil which INCLUDES both tapped and un-tapped deposits based on assumptions done by both the oil companies and the US gov't. It includes shale, deep and shallow, interior and off shore locations.

The technical definition of reserves does not include all expected oil. Only that oil that can be extracted with existing technology AND is economically feasible to recover under current market conditions. The price of oil has dropped by almost $50 a barrel in the last few months and therefore, according to the definition, so have our reserves. Until the price went up the Bakken formation wasn't considered economically viable to extract. Since it has yet to be proven to be economically feasible it isn't counted. There's lots of oil, it just depends on how much you want to pay.

Steve

I was in Qatar at the time and they were puzzled by this (and by the fact that diesel was selling for more than regular gas - they just rolled their eyes at that).

There is a good reason why diesel can be more than gas. US refineries can't get very much diesel from a barrel of oil. Mostly gas. If the demand for gas goes down, as it has in the US recently, and the demand for diesel goes up you can't supply the diesel without making too much gas. The price rises to put things in balance. ULSD is another cost driver.

Steve

Edited by doradox

Man, we REALLY need to stick to cars here. I stopped going to another forum because of all the political ignorance. At least here we can pretend we're more or less alike because of out love for Z's. Sorry if I blew up, but I still have time to edit it out and I won't. Ther are enough weak and appeasing Republicans in this country.

Sorry to get you all hot-and-bothered. Let's agree to disagree.

Long live Ron Paul !!

I second that!

RE: Ron and the Fed Reserve...I've done a bit of reading on the Fed and have concluded that they aren't totally evil though. Reading the history of life before the Fed is interesting.

It's a bummer that both Dems and Republicans end up nominating what they think will let them win. I also liked the idea of Julianni even though he had flaws.

Bringing in the fair tax and transparency of government spending would be awesome. Perhaps having a web log of each politician's elbow rubbing with lobbyists would be good too. (A report of dollars, gifts and incentives)

I can't see how we will ever get away from the fiat economy though.

MikeWags... It's OK. We can disagree. Your still a Z owner and that counts for something. :);)

The problem with these political rants is THIS IS A CAR CLUB. Now that some folks have gotten a little hot under the collar, it will be difficult to convince some members that they don't have a grudge against someone else because iof their politics. If I vented my opinion here, you would all hate me, I'm sure. I would hope to get some honest advice and input from someone in the future if i run into a problem, so I'm not going to jinx myself by offering any of my ideas.

But I will remind you that Sara Palin would not be the first hunting enthusiast as VP.

Don't forget Cheneys hunting prowess!!

• 2 weeks later...

That's what happens when the subject turns to politics. It also happens with most other subjects but especially with politics. I refuse to get involved in any kind of an online political discussion unless I'm on a site where that is the focus. And I generally don't go to those sites.