IGNORED

Cindy McCain, First Lady of Drift

Mike

09-12-2008 07:23 PM

cindymccain.png If you haven’t been following the giant mudslinging contest known as the 2008 presidential campaign, consider yourself smart, as banging one’s head against a wall repeatedly does tend to kill off brain cells. However, we at JNC feel that its our duty to keep you informed, and at least one important fact has emerged from the current political season that we’re sure will prove vital when it comes time to elect our next leader: Cindy McCain, wife of candidate John McCain, not only owns a Nissan 240SX - which is totally foxy in and of itself - but she also takes it to the track. To drift.

According to this ESPN article and video, the 54-year-old heiress of one of the largest Anheuser-Busch distributors in the US* was watching TV with her son six years ago when she saw some footage of the ancient Japanese tradition of dorifto. Instantly captivated by the art of throwing one’s car sideways in a controlled slide, she traveled to Japan to learn the skill from one of the craft’s masters (whom, the article does not name).

For the next two years, she and her son Jack traveled back and forth to Japan many times to hone her training, and even when she suffered a stroke upon returning from one of these trips, she didn’t let that stop her from getting behind the wheel. Six weeks later, she was in an executive protection driving course at the Bondurant School of High Performance Driving at Jack’s behest, learning how to perform 180s and evade hijackers. Then in 2005, she and Jack began building the 240SX with, as ESPN says, a “tricked out engine.”

So basically, what we have here is a potential First Lady of the United States that can clutch-kick an S13 around the White House Ellipse. Plus, she’s filthy rich and has access to an endless supply of beer? Forget the Black dude and the old guy, Cindy McCain for President!

[ESPN via Autoblog]

More...

Being an heiress married to a potential president living a playgirl's life drifting around at 54 years of age is an enviable position, even if your husband is John McCain.

At least between her and Palin it would keep interesting in the capitol, and entertainment value is really the only thing we should take into account in terms of politicians (I'd say that's why I voted Schwarzenegger, except that the same logic should have applied to me voting for Larry Flynt).

Knowing by default that no matter what they say their character is already broken, and that they're a product of society in the first place rather than a determinant or affector of it, I say vote simply for whoever promises the best antics. It worked with Clinton, but I suppose it may be disproved by the fact that endless Bushisms and a vice president who shoots people in the face didn't make anyone any happier (though I think the American public hardly expected any of that...)

This woman looks like a stepford wife. She really is frightening.

With the direction the McCain campaign has gone, the fact that she knows how to race cars probably makes her experienced enough to run for president; with potential VP Palin, who can run a mean bake-sale for the PTA!

This woman looks like a stepford wife. She really is frightening.

With the direction the McCain campaign has gone, the fact that she knows how to race cars probably makes her experienced enough to run for president; with potential VP Palin, who can run a mean bake-sale for the PTA!

I disagree on this, I think for a 54 yr old lady, she looks kinda hot. Throw in her millions and I would hook up with her in a heartbeat :)

Wow, we could possibly have a car enthusiast as well as an avid hunter (Palin) in the white house. Those darn Republicans are so out of touch with the average American.

Steve

Well, I love cars and guns, and I am Republican - so they certainly aren't out of touch with me!

Realistically I can't vote for McCain/Palin.

Because in my mind it will have been better to regret something I did than something I didn't do, even if Obama/whoever it was again? bombs.

I don't know about other places, but if we're going to talk about who compares to the common man/woman in SoCal, it's not anyone who's a republican (ok, MAYBE it is in the Inland Empire...)

And I have to say, I don't care for guns, I do care about the environment etc... my only concession to being a redneck is car love... And then they're Japanese LOL I'd vote for the correct Republican, in fact I'm registered as one. But McCain isn't it, though Obama isn't much closer (to someone I'd vote for, that is).

If the Republicans fielded a more socially just character who could also carry out a sensible economic agenda (McCain isn't, he's just being all politician about it)... Maybe Obama doesn't have the experience but... I think we owe it to ourselves to give him a try, or we'll regret what might have been.

The notion of someone voting for McCain because of the alternative hobbies of his wife & VP seem ludicrous. Whatever happened to the "issues" anyways?

Cindy McCain is rich as hell, but what has she done with her life and abundant financial resources? I'll tell you..........Jack $^!#. Just another super rich trust fund baby. I wonder how many of the members here can relate to the McCain family and their boatloads of money. I wasn't aware CZCC had so many well-to-do members.

Like most Americans, I feel the effect of high gas prices. I doubt John and Cindy are remotely phased when they pull up to the pump, and notice gas is $4.00 a gallon. I would be surprised if either of them even pump their own gas.

"Palin shoots" --- Yeah, all sorts of bears and wolves. I'm sure it would be lovely having someone in office that is all for pushing back protected polar bear habitat because she thinks they are "over breeding, and a nuisance". I don't know about you guys, but I certainly don't find to have anything in common with an extremist that gets off to killing wild animals, doesn't believe in "human impact on the environment", and wants to push back protected habitat for more oil drilling. Let me not even mention her whacked out position on women's rights and anti-choice.

I personally find that the Republican party harbor arse-backward views that I think this country needs to begin getting away from. The Republicans have been running this country over the past 8 years, and have put us in the "$^!#" we are now in. Americans just need to realize that it's time for change.

(PS: I'm not aiming to offend anyone, just sharing my views on the subject)