IGNORED

L24 stuff into L28et?

clindayag1

As a matter of fact, there is something you can do!!! Basically, replace your 2400cc block and head with the 2800cc block and head. Remove the fuel injection (intake runners) on the 2800cc engine and relpace it with the intake/carbs from the 2400cc engine. Of course you can use the distributor, starter motor, tranny, and such from the 2400cc motor. All should bolt right up. You will end up with an engine that supplies you with a bit more torque than the 2400cc engine did. This is a common upgrade! The 2800cc will look essentially identical to the 2400cc except for the I.D. numbers on the head and block. Hope this help you out some. As long as you don't want EFI, the 2800cc engine is a simple replacement for the 2400cc engine.

Tom

You can also swap the alternator and water pump. The change to fuel injection will require all rubber hoses to be upgraded to FI hoses along with a different fuel pump. The 240Z tank is also not baffled for FI, but it will still work for street applications.

I recently changed my 240Z to aftermarket TWM individual throttle body FI from triple Mikunis. The conversion was not cheap but the performance is WELL worth it. I will never go back to carbs.

I don't think anyone here understood the question except Will. Either that or it wasn't asked properly. Sounds like he wants to use the L28ET with the turbo in his 240Z but it's missing the above mentioned parts. You're also missing the wiring harness, fuel lines, fuel pump, and many other ancillary parts needed for the L28ET to work properly, including the fuel tank. Regardless of what anyone has said, an EFI engine will not work satisfactorily with a non EFI fuel tank. There is nothing simple about doing this swap properly. Plus it takes $$$$$$$$.

I don't think anyone here understood the question except Will. Either that or it wasn't asked properly. Sounds like he wants to use the L28ET with the turbo in his 240Z but it's missing the above mentioned parts. You're also missing the wiring harness, fuel lines, fuel pump, and many other ancillary parts needed for the L28ET to work properly, including the fuel tank. Regardless of what anyone has said, an EFI engine will not work satisfactorily with a non EFI fuel tank. There is nothing simple about doing this swap properly. Plus it takes $$$$$$$$.

yeah i guess i asked the question kinda weird. but yeah i want to use the L28ET with the turbo.

so from what arne and sblake01 said, i need the following things: ECU, fuel pump, wiring harness, fuel lines, and an EFI fuel tank. is that correct?

Yes, the 75,76 tanks bolt in. A stock tank can be made to work, that is what I have in my 260. I suggest using the 75-77 fuel injection instead of the turbo junk. The ECCS (stock turbo setup) is notriuos for problems. The 75 setup only has 6 wires to hook up, the rest go to the fuel injection. You will need turbo fuel injectors and AFM. You will also need a 75 AFM to do a guts swap.

Jim