IGNORED

...What's up with my hubcaps?

so I just bought these...

3cf9_1.JPG

Nice and shiny, the style I wanted, etc.

I didn't care that they for some reason say "Datsun" on the centers rather than Z, my guess is that it's a sticker or some sort, perhaps someone was using them on a 510 and didn't want them saying Z? Or was this style cap on multiple Datsun cars from the beginning? They claim to be 14" in any case, and looked great to me so...

Sorry if my curiosity is bothering anyone anyway. But anyone heard of the daisy type caps without a Z?

You see these stick on emblems on Ebay available in two sizes. 1.50" and 1.75" I think. They are available in different styles. MSA has the Z emblems. The caps look good done up this way and all that matters is that you like them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-WHEELS-EMBLEMS-240Z-260Z-280Z-280ZX-B210-Z-CAR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43961QQihZ011QQitemZ320258698816QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I would presume that either the seller or prior, "restored" a set of hubcaps by removing all the paint AND the original OEM center Z emblems, polished the steel and stuck one of the sticker emblems Ron mentions.

2¢

E

haha, I'd like them to say Z, but the price was right, yes... I'd just missed a beat pair that went without bids for 50 bucks :(

Honestly I think I prefer them polished, but once on the car they might look a little too bling, the matte black would match things up nicely...

They'd look best though, I think, with the inset portion painted body color on a yellow/orange car :laugh:

Well, they're yours. I was just stating my opinion but I think they should contrast and I don't care for wheels/hubcaps that are painted to match the car's paint.

I think Dangly was joking, but I agree with Stephen. 'Body color' painted wheels only look right if they happen to be 'dog dish' style rims.

Well guys, I'll be about the only one on here to say I really like my original steel wheels and wheel covers. I refurbished mine in graphite with a matt finish, and painted the faded red center emblems to match the car, not stock, but I like what I have for now. :love:

Bonzi Lon

post-11300-14150803526954_thumb.jpg

post-11300-14150803527175_thumb.jpg

I like them as I sort of said in in post 6. Yours still reatain a somewhat original look as opposed to the polished look which makes them look aftermarket/Autozone-ish to me. In fact I like what you've done with your car. Really a stark contrast before and after.