IGNORED

Is it a #1 Z

Zup

:pirate:

Will you must really like this car and are trying to throw us all off. LOL

Enrique captured the one thing that really stood out to me when he mentioned the hazard switches. I saw that too before I posted and knew damned well it wasn't right. ROFL

Nonetheless, collectively, the comments have reduced this one in short order.

And just from the few shots available----lord knows what it would become if all nooks, crannies, angles and such were to be revealed.

I 'd be comfortable with a Z in this condition! :cheeky:

Would those of you with a more learned experiance consider this Z to be "over restored" in some areas? If so, where specifically?

Anyone have pics of a judged #1 they'd be willing to share?

Jim D.

"Zup" :bunny:

Is that a dash cap in the first picture post #13? Those center gauge eyebrows aren't as crisp as I recall them to be in a non-capped dash.

Also the rivets holding the tail-light surrounds, is it my imagination but are they just slightly too large from the original ones?

But Will is mistaken, the spare does have Japanese air in it.

E

This seller was involved in a messy situation a while back, we roasted him maybe a little unfairly , maybe not. Do a search . I had him over to look at a parts car and thought I was misleading .... tried to mud me up with the local club .... do not deal with him if you want to feel clean , and that's all I'll say.

I flew to Victoria from Calgary a year ago to look a 72 that he had for sale. I was about to buy the car until I found out how he had bought it. Without getting into all the details, I did not purchase the car! The $400.00 round trip was a savings over the issues I would have faced. All that I will say is be very careful if you deal with this seller!

I certainly in no way meant for anyone to become involved with a shadey deal or a dishonest seller.

I am astonished at the negatives that have been reported about this guy.

I've had no contact. I just posted it up from the Zcar site to pose the question aboout it's merits or lack of them.

Please don't think of anything I said as an endosement of any sort about him or the car.

Thanks Unkle and back-to-zcars for the warnings. It may have prevented someone else from going through a bad experience!

Just one more reason to love this site and it's members!! :love:

Thanks again for sharing the info.

Jim D.

"Zup" :bunny:

Hi Zup:

Sorry to join in late...

The seller states:

"Bone stock restored over 10+ years to the level of the Nissan Program 240Z cars of the late 90s."

As others have pointed out, several of the details that are not bone stock - I'll add that I seriously doubt this car was refreshed or remanufactured to anywhere near the level of the Vintage Z's. The seller shows no receipts for complete engine rebuild, transmission rebuild, rear-end rebuild. Nor any mention of completely rebuilding the suspension, doesn't even show the undercarriage....

If we assume that everything not shown, or not mentioned - has in fact been done and done right.. I'd call it a low #3 condition example, in the eyes of the Collector Community. The Canadian Dollar is about the same as the US Dollar at this point - so IF everything on the car is as it should be - it would most likely be well worth $18K today.

However - because everything is NOT as it should be on the car you'd have to deduct value for major items that would need to be corrected - to bring it into the mid to upper #3 condition category.

A #3 condition example need not be "perfect", nor even "near perfect" - but judged as a Collector Example it needs to at least be STOCK with all major components correct for the model and year.

Major Glaring Things:

1. WRONG DASH - series I/II dashes are $1,000.00 to $1800 today - IF you can find one that isn't cracked.

2. The engine compartment is far from STOCK - and a #3 car need not be "perfect" but it has to be STOCK.

The finish on the fuel lines, brake lines, clutch lines would need to be corrected - take them out and have them properly yellow cad plated. Put the correct cast aluminum finish on the valve cover and carb's., put the proper stickers in place. At least black spark plug wires!!

3. Refinish the tail light finisher in the correct lt. metallic gray finish & put the correct rivets in place

4. Rework the sloppy job on the vinyl on the rear shock towers

5. He has the hubcaps - get the correct wheels and put them on the car

All and all - it would take some time, some work and some additional money to bring it solidly into the upper end of the #3 category.

Pictures show a nice 240-Z, and if the paint and body were were documented and done right - $18K wouldn't be a bargain, but it wouldn't be overpriced either. Over $20K it would have to have most of the items above corrected.

just my impressions from the pictures...

FWIW,

Carl B.