IGNORED

#279 listed on ebay

Sailor Bob

If memory serves, this gentleman is a one of a kind collector, with many very low VIN cars & many Datsuns in all. If I were in the market for another car (& I'm not), I wouldn't be concerned about deceit with this individual. I think he's one of the "good guys" & has great knowledge about our cars. It's probably why his pictures are applicable to those who know where & what to look for.

He may be friends with some visitors to this site I believe. I think I found a website with his cars & how he built a climate controlled garage for them in his back yard. I remember it was an impressive collection.

I could be wrong, that's why I keep saying that "I think" & "I believe" but I have a good feeling that I'm correct.

You are not wrong and Will properly identified the chap. I have seen the car and I would say that the Ebay ad properly describes it.

I too know the seller, I would agree with Will and Chris that he is a stand up, good, guy. He is definately extremely knowledgeable about Z's and I would trust his representation of the car. He is a guy that I would buy a car site-unseen from without reservation.

As for #464....

Then you would wind up FAR behind.... in the end. I don't believe that #464 has it's original engine... value is cut in half.... and it would be hard to resell for any thing other than a daily driver... Funny the ad. doesn't seem to mention that...

FWIW,

Carl B.

As for #464....

Then you would wind up FAR behind.... in the end. I don't believe that #464 has it's original engine... value is cut in half.... and it would be hard to resell for any thing other than a daily driver... Funny the ad. doesn't seem to mention that...

FWIW,

Carl B.

Actually Carl, both this seller and the prior owner claimed that this car does have the original engine. From the seller's HybridZ ad linked to above...

"The body is straight with a nice blue paint job, the L24 is all original and will be running as soon as I install the new fuel pump. Has some rust issues on the floor boards and rear tailgate area. Actual date of manufacture is 11/69 so its very rare obviously. Tags are up to date. I have three pics on cardomain when I first bought it. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2662774"

I posted about this car being for sale in the Hybridz classified last Nov for $3000 (she later dropped her price to $2500 and it probably sold for even less). In her ad she notes it has the original engine (#2389).

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28745&highlight=%23464

-Mike

Hummm..... I have it last reported for sale in Calif. - by Byron. At that time the original engine serial number was #2389 - but the car had #4642 installed.

Pictures of the engine compartment indicated a later engine...

Perhaps we need to see #2389's serial number on the block, in the car... to cler this up.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Ok just to clear things up as I am the new owner or #464. It does NOT have the original engine that was manufacture with the car. The engine installed is #4642 and the plate on the car says it should have #2389 but unfortunately it doesn't. The lady that owned it before had no idea who or when it was changed. I have pics for those that are interested. But I dont believe that it drops the value in half.

Phil

But I dont believe that it drops the value in half.

Phil

Hi Phil:

The starting bid on #279 is $7,500.00.... The asking price on #357 is $10,000.00...

You are asking $4,000.00 for #464.... That's pretty close to half as much...

It's really hard to find a 69 production Z - that would be considered to be in "restoreable" condition (restoreable in the sense of a condition grade - being a Classic Car) for much less than $8K today.

Did not mean your asking price should be cut in half again - as you have already done that. Spend $35K to restore a matching number car, or spend $35K to do the same for a non-matching number car. The matching number car will sell for $35K and the non-matching number car might sell for $18K.

FWIW,

Carl B.