IGNORED

The speedometer has 160, we have took it to 155mph.

Sailor Bob

My rpm was right 6grand. I know that with a full drivetrain rebuild I could probably get to around 135 maybe 138, but to be truthfull living in Washington, the penalty for gettin caught at that speed keeps my foot out of 100+ and even then the penalty is still to lose one arm and leg to state. Not to mention the maximum speed allowed is only 70mph and those speed zones are nowhere near me. Legally I'm cruisin' at 60mph so the way she is now at 127 is might frightning!, but hella fun. Well at least the one time anyway.

Knowing that our S30 speedometers are not that accurate, here is my speed story.

The year was 1976, and the car was my very sweet 1972 240Z running Sempirit 195/70x14 tires on 7" wide rims. Modifications included a BRE stage 3 suspension package (very low), BRE front spook and rear spoiler, modified SU's, Crane slalom cam, Hooker headers and full dual exhaust system.

With my brother driving and me in the passenger seat, we were "indicating" 144mph and still pulling when he had to back off as we approached our freeway exit. My 240 was rock solid with no hint of lifting. Without the spook (removed for repairs), the front would get very light approaching 125mph, even with the modified suspension. For those of you that like to drive fast, I highly recommend a BRE-type spook.

My 1966 327/350hp Vette roadster with hardtop installed, would begin to seriously float at 135mph indicated. Except right off the line, my 240 would out accelerate the Vette, and would handle exceptionally better. Both cars had 3:36 ratios and four-speeds, but the Vette's four-speed was a close ratio. The Vette (and the Z, of course) would out accelerate my sisters 1969 GTO four-speed.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away," really 4 years ago",this motor nissian president flat tops steel crank 5 speed garret turbo old school set up water injected.really it was only a washer wiper pump squirting water direct into a 2.5 inch carby.At best 130 mph give or take spedo calb-, white knucle driving with spoiler, but $^!# it got there quick low 14 quarter as you can see it needs are refresh.

post-14257-14150802476663_thumb.jpg

post-14257-14150802477213_thumb.jpg