IGNORED

Sold out Winter 2007 issue of Nissan Sport now a free download (140MB)

Nissan Sport ed

With the redesign of www.nissansportmag.com, Nissan Sport is now offering the sold out Winter 2007 issue as a free download. The 140MB file includes every page in the magazine as it was originally published. Enjoy.

NOTE: This free issue includes a great story on a 1973 240Z, a full feature on how to buy a classic Datsun at auction, and the wheel and tires chapter of Project 240Z.

Dave Bexfield

Managing Editor, Nissan Sport

editor@nissansportmag.com

May I ask a question?

The 'Rearview Mirror' section on Page 82 of the Winter 2007 issue carries a small item on what is claimed to be the "First English-language Datsun brochure" from 1935. The author of the item - Dan Banks - had Don Cyril Gorham ( son of the esteemed engineer and automotive pioneer William R. Gorham ) sign the brochure.

But he goes on to write that William R. Gorham "....oversaw design of the 240Z.....".

I'm sorry, but this has to be one of the more bizarre things I have ever read about that particular hot potato. One has to wonder from just where Gorham "oversaw" the design, seeing as he passed away in 1949.........

Is this a weird typo, or is Mr Dan Banks some kind of spiritualist? :paranoid:

I think he was saying that Don oversaw it, not William which would seem to make more sense.

I don't think so. Don Gorham was employed by the US Civil Service from the Pacific War years right up to late 1972, when he left to become a freelance interpreter / translator.

Poor Matsuo and his team. Will no one ever give them the full credit they so rightly deserve? :(

• 1 month later...

Since the issue was uploaded exactly as it appeared in print (with typos and all), you would have had to have read to the Spring 2007 issue for the corrections. Here they are....

Winter 2007 Corrections

In the “240SX Performs Epic Double Flip” article, Jeff Koehler’s 240SX did its dual pirouette at the National Auto Sport Association (NASA) Championships. In Rearview Mirror, William R. Gorham oversaw the design of the 1935 car shown. In Letters, the truck captions were inadvertently swapped. In the SEMA coverage, the owner of the black G35 coupe on page 38 was misidentified; it is owned by Avo Minossian (zazaracing) of Team Transport. In the Project G35 Sedan article, the 3 year/36K brake warranty extension applies only to 2003 and 2004 Infiniti G35 AT Sedans. In Redline, rumors of drifter Verena Mei being axed by Nissan were just that. She only took a pause in the ’06 season (getting funding together) and is still supported by Nissan Motorsports. As we still work to remove foot from mouth, look for an interview with Verena in the Drift Corner.

Dave Bexfield

Managing Editor

www.nissansportmag.com