IGNORED

Poor #299: Not for the feint of heart!

Go240Zags

Of all people, you're one of the last I would expect a comment like that from!

I would think that people with other low VIN cars would be those who would most prefer to see this one parted out despite pleas from others in this thread for the car to be saved.

Didn't mean to offend, Steve. My comments are based on my own trials and tribulations on getting a title for my Z. Its a long story, so I won't go into details, but I still don't have a title for my Z and I've legally owned it for the past 10 years. Kentucky has some ridiculously strict rules. I have NEVER had good results with KY DMV except when I purchased a brand new vehicle from a Kentucky dealer. Kentucky DMV SUCKS!!!!!

I really want 299 to be saved and not parted out, really! :)

Heck, if I had the space I would buy 299.... because my Z is worse!

Late to this thread, I know...

You'd have to check and see what the NH DMV does with old cars. If it's a bill of sale only, then (at least in NC) a new title can be issued with bill of sale and copies of the prior owner's purchase documentation. If it's a title for all cars regardless of age, I would think it'd be a steep uphill climb to get that car legal. May require a bonded title or something...

After going through a near-30k resto myself, for (gasp!) a non-sub-500 VIN car, that one is not salvageable for a reasonable sum. Folks who can do the body and paint themselves may say it's doable, which it is, but then you have to replace so much of the original pieces it'd take a lifetime to acquire them. On the upside, maybe the DMV will come through with a title by the time you're done.:stupid:

It may be easier to cut the firewall to include the VIN engraving, take the dash/engine/door jamb tags and start on a better shell....(now, where's my Nomex?)

I think it would take nothing less than a reprieve from the Governor to save this unfortunate victim of neglect & lost paper. It certainly doesn't look like the seller would be any help picking up the paper trail. He just wants it gone for what he can get. Unfortunate, but after being listed twice on Ebay with such low offers, I think it will end up in a JY.

....check your local DMV.

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/dmv/title/faq.html#A2

In NH, cars older than 16 years appear not to require a title. If your home state's DMV willa ccept a bill of sale from a state that does not require a title for old cars, someone could easily re-title the car.

This is the situation I was in with my car. Bought in GA, no title for old cars provided on transaction--just Bill of Sale. NC accepted my documentation of my sale and the prior owner's purchase BoS and a new title was issued.

So....if someone feels like parting with an insanely high amount of money to restore a car with a current value in the mid to upper 20s, I think it can be done.

I, however, am not that guy.

• 1 year later...

Hey, I am in contact with the owner of this car again....four small trees has fallen on the car since, busting out the glass and messing up the roof. At this point, may be able to get this one for a trade of a stock glass and a few parts....