IGNORED

Poor #299: Not for the feint of heart!

Go240Zags

Hey, #299 can be restored. I would hate to see her sold as a parts car. If you take a look at this restoration, you will see that anything is possible:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=29314

....With deep enough pockets.

I bet that restoration is well into five figures and probably into six!

Will

....With deep enough pockets.

I bet that restoration is well into five figures and probably into six!

Will

That resto job is def over $100k. Amazing what can be done with the right money and talent.

As far as #299, who will be the brave one to try and save it.

I wish the seller had responded to me when I contacted him after the first auction. Now he needs it gone by Feb 6th, and I'm going out of town tomorrow until next Saturday. This auction ends on Tuesday. I just don't think the timing works out for me to be able to get up there and back even if I were to be the high bidder again.

Since #299 is one of the rare '69 production Zs and has a lot of potential to be a truly historical sports car, perhaps this company, located in Finland (who restored the Toyota Celica rally car discussed in Reply #'s 61-63 in this thread) should be contacted. Maybe there's a remote chance they would be interested in buying and restoring #299. Here's a link to their site:

http://www.mat.fi/n_index.php?nav=company

Looks like the seller is providing a little more info this time around as far as the title (or lack of) is concerned. The first time it was listed I asked him if there were any liens and he never responded. It also looks like once it's sold, it needs to be picked up pretty quickly:

Q: Couple of questions..do you know if there are any liens against this vehicle? When was the last time this vehicle was registered? You mention that you will be losing the storage for this vehicle. If I were the successful bidder how long would I have to pick up the vehicle as I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Jan-25-08

A: No liens that I know of. The car was registered 1995 I think. I never got it on the road. So I'm not sure. Time is not on my side. Needs to be out by 2/6/08.

Q: Do you have the title for the car. Jan-23-08

A: No I don't.

For a second time the auction ended without making the reserve. Whoever bid on the car this time obviously wasn't very serious with 4 bids at a measly $152.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Datsun-Nissan-240z-HLS30-00299_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6763QQihZ019QQitemZ290200697547QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Now thats sad, the last of the 200 Class.

its a pile of junk without a title.... what is the seller expecting?

Greg,

Of all people, you're one of the last I would expect a comment like that from! I would think the owner of #379 would know the value and appreciate the historical significance of a 1969 production Z no matter what the condition of the car is. #299 can be restored and titles aren't a big deal in most states. I'm sure that with some effort someone could get this car titled. Yeah, by the time you pay for transportation, it's probably not worth the $1k the seller is looking for, but it surely is worth more than $152.00.