IGNORED

If I could suggest anything to the ZCCA it would be:

hls30.com

What would make a ZCCA convention a can't miss event?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. What would make a ZCCA convention a can't miss event?

• 1) Put the Car Show on Saturday so more Zs can attend.
    • 2) Have meetings / demonstrations / therapy for the different Zs during the show.
    • 3) Have a bikini contest.
    • 4) Several drives through town one after the car show and one later in the festivities.
    • 5) Display the winning cars for the rest of the show-if owners can.
    • 6) After the car show have a training meeting for how to improve your score.
    • 7) Have the ZCCA / host website continually updated for those who could not attend.
    • 8) Have the previous winners cars displayed-even if only pictures
    • 9) Have an ugliest Z contest....(WE KNOW a 350Z would win, butt...)
    • 10) Have areas set up for meeting members after the days events.
    • 11) Make the convention store the communications hub.
    • 12) Make it more personal.
    • 13) Drive all event routes with a duallie and trailer to check accessability
    • 14) Set up local PSAs prior to and for the duration of the event
    • 15) Invite the media to the carshow.

That would be WHO is Toby Bean. The guy who owns those cars, obviously.

Tony, a club does not have to be current with dues as illistrated at Daytona. The Spacecoast club had not paid their dues and I don't think anyone said a thing about it.

I think the "in crowd" doesn't exist any more. I see cliques along the various model types, but I like smoozing with the Twin Turbo gang.

Well put, John. I think it is time for new officers. New blood.

Well, The rock that broke the mirrored window let out a great deal of the smoke, and things sure are getting easier to see...

While I respect the efforts that have been made, it seems they are not being made often enough anymore. When performance doesn't respond to a tuneup, you rebuild or swap the engine, looks to me like that is were we are...

Will

As far as conventions go:

San Diego...best AutoX, 200 feet short of a full mile with elevation changes and rides in the #75 IMSA GTS car with Butch Leitzinger driving. Hula Hotel and Swap Meet was a nice touch, but probably won't ever happen again.

I"m curious, were there problems with the vendors, low turn-out for the swap meet; just wondering why you feel that there won't be any more swap meets at future conventions.

1) Georgia Convention - Best all around event to date

2) Colorado Convention - cool site for car show

3) Kingston Convention - spent most of the time drinking - great time

4) New Hampshire Convention - couldn't wait to get home

5) San Antonio Convention - Great people - car show in the boonies

6) Los Angeles Convention - Should have been biggest

7) Albuquerque Convention - To much hate

8) Florida Convention - Singing in the rain

9) Las Vegas Convention - Great location - convention troubles - most know

Something not in the voting: Have the car show in an open enviornment, not an enclosed track that doesn't allow outsiders to attend. Exposure is the key word here. Can't have it if the local public can't attend. This in turn will give more exposure to vendors that help support the event. Foot traffic baby-see MSA

And a little more North Western would be nice for those who don't wanna travel 100's of miles away just for even a peek.

I live 100 miles from Canada and LA and LV are too damn far.

Something close would be great,

Dave.

Keep the convention in one place:

I know many of you will not be happy about this, but in my opinion moving the convention every year makes it impossible to maintain a following and drastically hurts attendance. One year it is in San Diego the next it is in New York. Crazy...Maintain an east, central and west coast convention. The number of cars that show up to the MSA show far out number the cars that show up to the national convention. It will help make this financially viable.

Have dedicated people handle these events:

Every year it is a new group of people attempting to put on this event. It is very difficult to do this with little to no experience. The same mistakes are made year after year because there is little or no overlap. I do not suggest that we hire professionals, just have a group dedicated to work with a club to run the event and the budget.

Location, Location, Location.

Las Vegas was a great location and had a great turnout. In my opinion, more there than in Long Beach! Vegas is a great destination city with lots of things to do outside of the car thing. Yes, LV had issues with the local club, but it still went and was a good time.

Transport Solutions:

There have been many of us trying to get to one convention or another, but it is far away and we don't want, or in my case can't drive my car to the location. It would seem sensible to work out truck transportation for cars to make it out to these events at a reasonable price for transport. There is no reason we can't get cars across the country for these events. I would think that Nissan should be able to handle this to some degree as they have transport vehicles that would be good advertising.

Look at other car clubs.

The Porsche guys have this type of event "locked" and do very well with their events what can be learned from how they run their events?

POC should be the ZOC...

I think they should do saturdays at the least, my plan is to drive up for friday and thats it, school is going on(college) and medical school isn't something you can skip on for the show. I would love to go to all the days but thats not a option for me with my situation, I just have sat/sun to be free to go.

After attending the superior event in Daytona last year I'm pleased to see others having some suggestions as to improve the event.

The BIG problem I had in Daytona was the public could not attend the event. I know from live close to Daytona that the location was a problem.

I would think one of the most important issues for all Zcar members would be public participation. Last year I could even take my friends down to see the cars without paying for registration.

I hope this situation is not a norm in all the other events.

Looking forward to participating in Ohio

Daytona was a good venue and the FLZA did a great job. The cost of entering my car in the show and the track events was okay, for my son and friends enter the track to veiw the event was very costly. Alot of money for a tee shirt. If you want more people from the public to attend it wouldn't make more sence to charge some thing like $10.00 for them to veiw the event.

I think that you'll find the fees for things will be MUCH more afordable for te 2008 convention. The car show itself will be held in a very accessible place where there are lots of car-admiring people, and things will be nicer, closer together and convenient to get to.

The website for the convention hould be ready & up in a week or two

thxZ