IGNORED

What did you find under your seat?

72ZDave

Cleaned it out and found an envelope under the drivers seat, had the signed title with the date of some 20 years earlier. It is the 57 444K in my Avitar. One of the first 100 Volvo's legally imported to the states. I about crapped my pants!

That's funny. If he had only started working on it......then to learn that the care is a rarity. Nice. :)

• 3 years later...

Under the seats- Just carpet and Dynamat.

Ashtray- Nuts, bolts, and spare fuses.

Glovebox- Registration, a window crank handle, and a nice CD.

Not surprised she was clean and well kept.

(Bought it from Zsondabrain).

• 1 month later...

Looked under my seats and ash tray and did not find a crack pipe. I found an old blush pad from a girls makeup kit (may have been from one of my passengers), a sticky note with a fast food order on it, and the answer to the added toggle switch mystery. post-27888-14150823259305_thumb.jpg

They indeed are/were to control seat warmers. I'll have to look into why they don't work.

post-27888-14150823258171_thumb.jpg

post-27888-141508232589_thumb.jpg

What did I find under the seat?

A hole in the floorboard where the rear crosslink was supposed to be bolted up. Not good! Took a fair amount of fabrication and welding to put something in there STIFF enough to provide a good mounting point.

That DID explain the cold drafts passengers complained about...

What did I find under the seat?

A hole in the floorboard where the rear crosslink was supposed to be bolted up. Not good! Took a fair amount of fabrication and welding to put something in there STIFF enough to provide a good mounting point.

That DID explain the cold drafts passengers complained about...

Oh man my passenger floor boards look like cottage cheese. Drivers side is a little better.

Day after I bought the car, pulled the disgusting blue sheepskin seat covers off and found a pillow stuffed into a hole in the seat on the driver side. The P.O. must have had a vicous butt. Paid a local shop to rebuild the seat. Worth it though - have nice seats now. Wouldn't want to take an interstate drive on 40 year old seats.

Day after I bought the car, pulled the disgusting blue sheepskin seat covers off and found a pillow stuffed into a hole in the seat on the driver side. The P.O. must have had a vicous butt. Paid a local shop to rebuild the seat. Worth it though - have nice seats now. Wouldn't want to take an interstate drive on 40 year old seats.

Mine are the original seats, but I'm fairly certain the padding has been replaced. People mistake them for new all the time. I can only hope I look that good at 40.