IGNORED

Eibach the way to go for a lowering kit?

76Datsun280z

I put the above mentioned Tokico HP package of springs and struts on my 280z. I am very happy with the results. It clearly improved the cornering capability with much less body roll. The stock set-up was mushy at best. It lowered the car about 0.5 inch - looks better but not too low. The 280z was too high with the stock set-up. The 280Z was raised to meet the bumper height requirements of the time. There is a trade-off. Every bump is felt at the seat of pants. I have to drive very slowly over speed bumps, railroad tracks, and like obstacles. No problem, since I only drive the car to work on sunny Fridays and during nice weekends. I hope to Autocross this Spring/Summer and this setup should be a good compromise between road and race.

• 2 months later...
My dad and I have been talking about lowering my car for some time now and I figure something something like this might be a good x-mas idea. Any how, I've been trying to read up on what I can about lowering springs and it seems like the Eibach's have gottan pretty good reviews from what I've read and seems to be the choice of what most people choose for a lowering kit. I was curious how these compare to some of the other lowering springs out there such as Tokico and European lowering springs? Which brand(s) works best with the stock shocks of the car?

From what I've read atleaste, it sounds to me like the Eibach's are the way to go for a lowering kit, but mainly first want to get your guys input (and to confirm this) on what lowering kits work best with the stock shocks for a lower stance. Thanks guys.

I was under the impression that Eibach discontinued production of springs for the 280z. Unless Eibach restarted production I would go with the Tokico springs. Tokico has a great ride and a good price. Stay away from KYB struts (too soft of a ride and blow easier than stock).

I have Eibach springs on my 260z with Tokico adjustable struts and I love the ride, not to mention that I can take a 90 degree, lane to lane turn @ 50 MPH with almost zero body roll (of course I have other upgrades as well).

Good luck,

• 2 years later...

I just called Eibach, and they pretty much confirmed that they don't have anything to offer for Datsuns. In fact (per their representative) their Nissan offerengs only go back to 2007.

I was asked to contact "Motorsport Industries" to order the springs. :ermm: They only have the progressive lowering springs- no Pro Kit springs.

Is there anything else that would suffice? I 'd like to order some asap, but not from MSA, unless it's on sale.

thxZ

Edited by TomoHawk

I was asked to contact "Motorsport Industries" to order the springs. :ermm: They only have the progressive lowering springs- no Pro Kit springs

I think you're confused, the progressive springs MSA sells ARE the Pro Kit set. It's just a marketing term...

... I 'd like to order some asap, but not from MSA, unless it's on sale...

Not sure what you've got against MSA, but their price on the Eibach sets is decent, and, as LeonV said, they ARE on sale right now (and have been for the past year). I should know, I bought a set last winter.

• 2 weeks later...

I order mine from MSA for my 1978 280z, no problem at all, but I got the Tokico springs with the Tokico adjustable struts, I can't comment on the ride because i'm still working on the car and getting it ready to hit the road, but I have heard great things about them. I do like how it looks, it drop it and gave it a meaner look. Good luck on choosing your set up

• 1 month later...