IGNORED

Suspension Techniques springs

red_dog007

Two parts to this reply. First is that the later 260/280Z springs will not work properly on a 240Z. So if that's really what those are (and it sounds like it), they aren't right for a 240Z.

Secondly, KYB GR-2s are not recommended for use with lowering springs, according to KYB. When I ignored that recommendation in the past (on a non-Datsun), I regretted it. I do have GR-2s in my stock height 240Z now, and am pleased with them as a more-or-less stock replacement. But they are not a performance shock.

Then what kind of springs are there that will not lower the ride height? I don't know of any that will not lower the ride height.

I was mainly looking at getting a set of Eibachs. Have seen a few people run Eibachs and KYBs that seem to like them.

Just saw this deal though on ebay and was just curious as if they would be able to save me a few $$ or not.

GR-2s are designed for factory stock springs. They seem to work well with the Nissan Euro Stage 1 springs as well, once those springs are cut down to give stock ride height. For aftermarket lowering springs you should consider Tokico or Koni.

Oh yeah, I just remembered that the performance springs for the 240Z from Arizona Z-car are supposed to be performance springs that don't lower the car. Might still be a bit too stiff for the KYBs, but the ride height issue would be OK.

http://www.arizonazcar.com/springs.html